Our Planet - a place of amazing miracles and unusual mysteries.It would seem that a person has mastered even the most remote corners of the earth, but at the same time opened all its secrets.In addition to well-known all 8 wonders of the world there are many man-made and natural objects that capture the imagination and minds of all mankind.Among them is the world's largest cave, a unique entity having its own ecosystem.Let's talk about where it is, when it was discovered and how has distinctive features.
Sơn Đoòng Cave: Statistics sizes
Sơn Đoòng Cave - the largest cave in the world.A similar statement was backed up by local residents the facts obtained by research expedition from England in 2009.According to the dry figures of statistics education has a volume of about 38.5 million cubic meters, height - about 200 meters, width - about 150 meters.Once in the underworld like that, willy-nilly, anyone can get confused by the greatness, size and scope.
History of discovery
Unofficial History of
How to get to the cave?
Where is the biggest cave in the world?Vietnam province of Quang Binh - Here is the address to which you would have to follow to visit her.Not far from the border with Laos in these places is national park called Fongnya - Kebang, here and unique natural formation.Find the entrance to the cave is difficult, due to the fact that it is located in a rather wild, in the realm of mountains and jungle.Perhaps this fact explains that for a long time underground formation was found and has not been investigated, even after the discovery in the late 20th century.The descent into the earth is carried out on the ropes, which is also quite a serious obstacle and challenge.
Beauty and features Sơn Đoòng Cave
What is famous for the biggest cave in the world?Photos Education amaze amazing beauty and scale.In the first place most travelers come to the delight of the underground river that flows in the ground and hard rock several kilometers.On its banks the most desperate daredevils even break the tent, but enjoy the peace far from civilization, there is also not succeed.Splash water and the wind howling in the depths of the cave create a frightening atmosphere worthy of any horror movie.
Sơn Đoòng Cave in addition to the river and has its own green areas, jungles, which may be present and indigenous inhabitants.So, here there are various insects, snakes, birds, and a little less even monkeys.A unique feature of the local ecosystem considered unique underground environment.Familiar to us mists and clouds occur even under the ground, which in itself is quite unusual and intriguing.In fact, it is simply explained, a large temperature difference between the surface and underground leads to the formation of clouds and other similar phenomena.
Visit Sơn Đoòng Cave at any time, except in the rainy season.During this period, the cave filled with water to a dangerous level, so their visit could be extremely dangerous for the life of researchers.
other applicants for a major title
At various times, the title of the world's largest cave claimed:
- Cueva del Fantasma (due to the significant volume inside the dungeon can land simultaneously two helicopters, in addition, the beauty of these places gives and rapid waterfall).
- Majlis al Jinn (located in the state of Oman and by the right ranks second, behind only the size Sơn Đoòng Cave, its height at some points is about 150 meters).
unique underground world
Now that you know the name of the biggest cave in the world, you can talk about other unique underworld, are popular with fans of extreme relaxation and unity with nature.Thus, in the list of the most interesting formations can be included:
- Mexican cave crystals.Formally discovered in 2000.Its distinctive feature is the presence of huge size crystals of selenite, which fill the entire volume of the cave.Furthermore, in its interior are extremely high temperatures, and stay there for quite problematic.
- Waitomo Cave.Located in New Zealand and probably the true romantics can be evaluated from all ends of the earth.On its roof, travelers can see the real stars, the effect creates luminous points larvae of fireflies that live on the stack, and the arch of the cave.
- Gonchong cave in China is known primarily by the fact that its interior was equipped school, where classes are held with children.
- Fingal's Cave in Scotland will appeal to lovers of music under its arches reigns amazing acoustics, and the vertical natural columns of basalt give it grandeur and harmony.
- reed flute cave in China is much ennobled man.Modern lighting makes the bowels of the underworld really magical and even fabulous.The name is due to the formation of reeds growing in these places.
- Botovskaya cave is considered to be the longest in Russia.It is located at the edge of an abandoned in the Irkutsk region and currently not fully understood.
- greatest uniqueness of different Romanian Movil.The amazing thing is that it is a completely closed ecosystem, different from the rest of the world.In the study of the cave were found the rare representatives of the world of flora and fauna.
kingdom of ice
The world's largest cave of ice located in New Zealand and has a complicated name Isrisennvelt, its area is about 300 square kilometers, which allows it to be an absolute champion in its category in size.Lovely and cold formation of ice found in Iceland (Vatnajökull forbidden to visit during the warmer months because of the high risk of melting and collapse), in Russia (the grotto in Mutnovsky) in Austria.
film about the cave
enthusiasm and inspiration - that's what is in people is the largest cave in the world.Sanctum, a fantastic film about the cave, shot in 2011, tells the story of the descent into the depths of unexplored caves of the research team.Fierce fighting dangerous and unexplored elements, leads to a very disastrous consequences, reminding the audience not only the beauty of the caves, but lurking in their unexplored life threatening.
The world's largest cave is now in Vietnam, but the research to the knowledge of our world are conducted regularly and systematically, so unique findings not keep you waiting.It is likely that very soon we will get acquainted with new natural phenomena, no less fantastic and beautiful than those that are already known to mankind.