Many believe the chemistry is quite boring, uninteresting and too hard science.Maybe they are partly right.Only our life without chemicals is not possible.It surrounds us everywhere.Chemical processes continuously occur in nature and are used by a person in everyday life.For example, a large role in our lives plays hydrolysis of salts, which refers to the exchange of chemical reactions with salt water.
Where hydrolysis of salts found in nature?
1. The chemical conversion of the earth's crust and the mining processes would be impossible without such chemical phenomena such as hydrolysis of salts.The earth's crust contains in its composition a huge amount of sulphides.These salts are poorly soluble in water, but, as we know, water wears away the stone.Therefore, by interacting with the water on the Earth, as well as its depth at an elevated temperature, sulfides during the hydrolysis reaction are converted to hydrogen sulfide, which is a major volcanic gas.
Besides sulphides rocks containing silicat
2. Oceans - this is also the place where the hydrolysis of the salt is one of the basic chemical reactions in the water.Due to this interaction, the salts of magnesium and calcium carbonate with water to produce hydrogen carbonates of these metals due to the presence of sea water which is slightly alkaline environment.In such water in marine plants with high intensity of photosynthesis, better and faster grow and multiply marine animals.
Where salt is used in the hydrolysis and households man?
- Complete hydrolysis ammonium salts such as ammonium carbonate and hydrogen results in the formation of ammonia and carbonic acid, which immediately breaks down into carbon dioxide and water.That is due to the formation of gas, this reaction can be used in the food and confectionery industry to make the dough airy and fluffy.
- hydrolysis reaction of aluminum salts used to purify water.In fact, aluminum salts - is clay, passing through which the water is purified by the fact that particles of dirt and harmful impurities enveloped insoluble hydrolysis product of aluminum hydroxide and settle to the bottom.Used for water purification and hydrolysis reaction carbonate or sodium phosphate.Hydrolysis
- salts on an industrial scale is used for non-food materials from a number of useful substances, such as the yeast protein, dry ice, ethyl alcohol, glucose, etc.
- man faced with the phenomenon of hydrolysis time - while washing clothes, washing up, when washing dishes.Even the processes taking place within us, such as the digestion of fats, proceed by the mechanism of hydrolysis.
But the phenomenon of hydrolysis can not only benefit the individual, but also harm.For example, he brings a lot of problems oilmen.Everyone knows that the oil contains a number of many salts and water.When refining and heating it above 250 degrees occurs hydrolysis reaction of calcium and magnesium chlorides by reaction with steam.This produces hydrogen chloride gas Hcl, which is quite strong oxidant.It interacts with the metal of which made oil equipment and destroys it, causing corrosion.If it were not for this phenomenon, the oil would be worth much less.
I would like to believe that after reading this article, you will change your mind about chemistry as a science and it will cease to be considered boring, uninteresting and unnecessary.