Recently shrimp have become extremely popular.They are increasingly found in the menu luxury restaurants and traditional pubs.People are not only aware of the benefit these humble shellfish, but also appreciated by their delicate, unique flavor.Usually in the trading network of shrimp sold in raw or cooked form.In the food consumed, usually boiled shrimp.They are used in salads or as a simple snack to beer.Boiled shrimp flesh should just melt in your mouth, so the most important moment is the process of heat treatment.
Cook shrimp is not very difficult.It takes a little time.But first you need to defrost shellfish.And this must be done correctly so as not to spoil the taste of the final product.The main rule is to defrost that will never need to hurry.You should not place frozen shrimp in the microwave or in a bowl of hot water.This can only lead to a loss of flavor and nutritional properties.No need to hurry.Natural defrost takes a little longer, but you will be completely sure that your product will
Once unfrozen shellfish, you can start them cooking.But cooking shrimp - it does not mean to throw them in boiling water, as they do with other products.Technology of preparation is completely different.The procedure takes place in 4 stages:
- boil the right amount of water.
- Add salt and spices that you consider necessary.Usually, as such use black peppercorn and bay leaf.
- Shrimp dipped into the prepared solution for 3 or 4 minute.Then turn off the heat and leave them in hot water for 15 minutes more, so that they can soak spices.
- Prepared shrimp with a slotted spoon is removed from the water and used for its intended purpose.
The principle is quite simple, but here you must also take into account the size of clams.Little cook faster.Cook shrimp large need a little longer, about 5-6 minutes.The rest of the procedure remains the same.After boiling the cooled product can be used as the main component for salads or just eat with beer, flavored drink seizing tender and juicy meat.
Sometimes shrimp sold in a live form.Here we must make sure that all shellfish really alive.They must be free to move and not to arouse suspicion from the buyer.In this case, eliminating the need for defrosting.Cooking is carried out in the usual manner.
frozen shellfish (depending on species) can be black, brown or gray shell.In any case they should not be covered with a layer of snow.This confirms the fact that the product is stored incorrectly or for no reason thawed repeatedly.This product is better not to take.The aroma of the product will be partially lost.And the tender meat of these semi-finished products, you are unlikely to get.
Sometimes packages are instances of red, pink or orange.This suggests that they are ready for use.Cook shrimp that color is not necessary.They need only to defrost, then you can safely eat.But in them you will not feel the tenderness and flavor.So even if you have got boiled shrimp, better treat them.Make a solution of salt and spices in boiling water and pour it defrosted food for 10 minutes.Spices do their job, and shrimp will seem much tastier.
In nature, there is another important factor to be taken into consideration.Depending on habitats, shrimp are:
- tiger or king, who live in warm waters.
- Atlantic, which live in the cold waters of the ocean.
It is important to clearly distinguish how to cook prawns, and how many individuals living in the sea space.Warm-water mollusks are larger and need more long-term heat treatment.They have to cook for a minute 4. While smaller marine specimens enough to hold in boiling water for 2 minutes.Ready easily identified by a change in color of flesh.Besides clam shell becomes more transparent.
Now outlets frequent large tiger prawns.They can be cooked quickly and add to such a tender and flavorful dish.To the product has not turned out like rubber, it is necessary to clearly understand generally how to cook prawns.There is nothing complicated:
- To begin choose to store fresh frozen product of good quality.
- then washed frozen clams to chance in the dish no foreign debris.
- now in a separate container to boil water and add salt to it.The amount of salt depends on the degree of purification of the product.If the shrimp are cooked, without the shell, in this case, it is a 20% saline solution.If tiger prawns cooked in the shell, the concentration of the solution should be twice as much.It's almost 2 full tablespoons per 1 liter of boiling water.
- add to taste the necessary condiments and spices.This can be a bay leaf, dill, pepper, peas, parsley, garlic.All you want to your liking.
- Drop the shrimp into boiling solution and wait until they float to the surface.
- From that point measured from 5 to 7 minutes (depending on the size of the product) and turn off the fire.
- Wash the shrimp under cold water, and then purified from the shell and innards.
Now the product is ready for use.It can be eaten whole or used for the preparation of delicious salads.You are guaranteed a lot of pleasant sensations and benefits for the body.