Sometimes unpleasant situation with the sound of Windows.It consists in the fact that at the next system startup does not work column.Hence, the sound disappeared on a laptop or PC.Then you need to find out the reason why it happened, and fix things.
sound reasons for malfunctions
There are a limited number of reasons that could lead to the fact that the sound is lost on a laptop.Here are the most common among them:
- not installed correctly or is not the most appropriate driver for the sound card.It is responsible for playing audio streams through the speakers.
- Disabled Standard Service Windows audio, which directly depends on whether the sound can be heard in on Windows.
- may have physical faults speakers or a sound card.
sound disappeared on laptop (Windows 7 or xp).How to fix
First of all pay attention to the speakers or headphones.Maybe somewhere I departed contact.Or the variant wiring damaged.Check tray.Speaker icon should not display a red circle crossed.This is the minimum audible
If the circle is displayed, simply click on the icon and adjust the volume drop-down slider.
How to test drivers
Through the Control Panel, select "Administrative Tools."Then the "Computer Management".In the console window, select the task "Device Manager".This tab shows the status of all identifiable Windows device.We also need to go to the item "Sound, video and game controllers."It will be registered and your sound card.
If the sound card is missing or the system writes the fault of drivers, then you need to reinstall it, and then a set of codecs.
To remedy the situation, when the sound disappeared on a laptop, do the following:
- Right-click on the audio device for which the driver is installed correctly.You will then see a yellow exclamation mark icon in front audio device.
- Select "Properties".Windows will warn you of the need to reinstall the driver.On the Advanced tab of the same name, click "Details" to see the names of system files - audio drivers.If they are not, feel free to click "Update".
- Among the options are selected automatically install updates.The system thus automatically find the most suitable software and installs it.
- When you are sure where the correct driver and the option of automatic installation does not work, choose manual search software, which is designed for the current audio device.
- To avoid missing the sound on a laptop, you should still make sure that the running mode "Auto" Service Windows audio.How to test it?
- If you run the console mms (PC Control), just select the item "Services and Applications" and then subtask "Services".The window displays the services check the operation of the above services.To give it a working state, click "Start".
- When there is a suspicion of the possibility of physical damage to the sound card, it is worth checking out.Look for a friend's or in-store radio components sound card b / y for the slot PCI.Almost all modern computers are still equipped with this connector.
- Then try it in the connector plug and, if necessary, install the required driver.If the board is working properly, the sound can be heard quite clearly, disable the sound device that has ceased to function, using the Device Manager, or remove broken sound card physically.
If the sound disappeared on laptop pereprobuyte proposed options.Find the cause of failure, choose among them the best way to fix.