What is the procedure to format the user that the computer is not "you"?Probably something very distant, vague and incomprehensible.At the same time, a situation may arise when this process still have to implement.How to format the hard disk through the BIOS and the operating system windows?This is what we now know.
What is formatting
What tools for formatting or would be involved, you should clearly understand what you are doing.Just when it comes to reformat the hard disk through the BIOS, it is necessary to distinguish two features: a high-level format (layout) and physical deletion of data.
In the first case, formatted partition.What's really going on?Erased file data table, which recorded the addresses of all the data on the partition.And the content itself does not disappear.It still is in place.If necessary, using special software, you can restore the contents of the section.
So it is repartitioning logical sector when it comes to how to format the hard disk through the BIOS, or by mean
When it comes to the procedure "format with" low level, there is, in principle, there is still the same, but the data are erased physically.You are in the file is added to the data table (empty), and each time she was recording a new content updated information on the location of the content.
re-initialization procedure.How to format the hard disk through the BIOS
Note that the formatting means windows more convenient and does not require knowledge of the bios.However, format the partition on which the present system, therefore, will not succeed.Therefore, we will look at how to run the program for the disc re or physically removing the data to bypass the operating system, and it is through the BIOS.
Since our system windows located on the hard drive, and usually starts after the computer, it means the following: The BIOS is the list of bootable devices, the first of them - the hard disk and loads from the system main section of the operating system itself.Built-in operating system partition size is not feasible.That is why it is important to learn how to format the hard disk through the BIOS.
So, we need to run the boot shell from the CD (I do not see an option "to stick", because it is not suitable for all PC and boot from floppy disks, because this method is very old and unproductive).Select it one of the program format.Then, through its interface, perform a negotiated procedure.
And one more thing.The question is how to format the disk through the BIOS is incorrect.In the basic input-output system is not built-in utilities to format.Through BIOS can only run auxiliary software supported booting from your PC devices.
Format each partition by means windows
to perform this procedure by regular tools of the system, do the following:
- consistently run components Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management (for windows xp).
- consistently run components Start - Control Panel - System Security - Administrative Tools - Computer Management (for windows 7).
- As you can see, the difference between versions - only the names, and the small.Then, in the resulting window, select the interface from the task list "Disk Management".
- right click on the icon of the hard disk that is to be formatted.The drop-down menu option to deploy the "format".
- Now carefully look out the window, where the selected format parameters sections.Enter the symbolic name for the selected partition in the text area "volume label."You can also enter the name and skip.
- Select the file system, by default, ntfs.Cluster size is left as it is.
For quick formatting, you can enable the "quick format" to save time.