words "doctor" and "humanist" are not synonymous, but are inextricably linked.Medical profession requires to be humanists, love people and help them in any, even the most adverse conditions.For people with health problems, the medical profession is uniquely related to the aid, support and understanding.
little about the profession
Profession "health worker" on its holder requires a certain courage and dedication.This is due to the fact that people have to trust health professionals, as experts, well knowing the business.
That's why choosing the medical profession as the deal of a lifetime, a person is required to learn even after graduation, because the disease is constantly changing, as well as their treatment.Among medical schools have specialized secondary, institutes and academies.
List of medical specialties
The list of medical professions include such specialties as:
- Obstetrician - a specialist in gynecology for pregnancy and birth, takes birth.
- anesthesiologist - a specialty related to the study and use of analgesics during severe pain and shock.
- Venereologist - a specialist in infectious diseases of the genitourinary system in men and women.
- gynecologist - a specialist in diseases of the female reproductive system.
- Dermatologist studying diseases of the skin and mucous membranes of humans and treats them.
- Dietitian - an expert who helps to solve the problem with many diseases by changing the composition and mode of supply.
- cardiologist is there to protect the cardiovascular system of the person is engaged in the prevention and treatment of diseases associated with it.
- speech therapist helps to solve problems with speech impairments.
- nurse is responsible for implementing the requirements of the doctor patient during treatment in hospital.
- neurologist - a specialist studying and treating diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system.
- Nephrologist studying and treating kidney disease.
- Ophthalmologist - a specialist in diseases of the eye.
- oncologist deals with the study, prevention and treatment of tumors in humans.
- Otolaryngologist engaged in treatment and prevention of diseases of the ear, nose and throat.
- Pediatrician examines and treats children's disease.
- dissector (pathologist) makes a "post-mortem" diagnosis.
- proctologist studies and treats diseases of the colon and anus.
- psychiatrist examines the causes of mental disorders and the person involved in their therapy.
- Resuscitator helps people rebuild the livelihoods of the body during severe illness, injury, or in the postoperative period.
- dentist - a specialist in the prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- therapist - the doctor is engaged in the prevention and diagnosis of diseases of the internal organs, the basic functioning of the body systems.
- Trauma studies and treats the effects of trauma.
- urologist - a specialist who studies, conducts prevention and treatment, often surgically, the genitourinary system, diseases of the adrenal glands and the reproductive system in men.
- surgeon - a doctor treating diseases and injuries surgically.
- endocrinologist - a doctor, studying and treating the endocrine glands.
listed medical profession (the list is far from complete) - a basic profile in this specialty.Each of them has a narrow specialists responsible for the treatment of specific parts of the human body.
Vocational medical education makes it possible to train specialists from the category of staff.The nursing profession is included in this category.
nurse (nurse) is an assistant or a physician assistant in a medical facility.The main task of mid-level medical personnel - to carry out the treatment prescribed by the doctor and the patient to care for sick people.
nursing profession is classified as middle medical personnel and has a somewhat more narrow areas.Although many specialties included in the concept of "medical profession", the list of mid-level specialists headed by the position of chief nurse.
Home and the head nurse
headed serving the medical staff is the main nurse - a specialist with higher medical education (Faculty of Nursing).The main responsibilities of the nurse is to organize and control the work of middle and junior medical staff, as well as improving their professionalism.
The concept of workflow includes scheduling the work of the lower staff and monitoring its implementation.Also, her responsibilities include:
- supervise the receipt, storage, distribution and accounting of dressing and medication, including those that contain poisonous or narcotic substances.
- Monitor the performance of the duties of middle and junior staff, as well as to engage in improving their skills and professional level.
- monitor the quality of disinfection of medical institutions, timely change of bed linen and conduct monitoring of patients during transport within the hospital.
Head Nurse is the assistant head of the department.Her responsibilities include supervision of the ward nurses and junior medical staff.
Paramedics middle and junior managers
In the category of "medical profession with specialized secondary education" includes:
- charge nurse.Monitor the state of health of the patient and the implementation of his recommendations and doctor's appointments.She also takes care of the sick and organize their food.
- Treatment nurse.Provides treatment doctor appointments, conducts blood sample from a vein, put a dropper, assists the doctor makes lists of essential drugs.
- Operating sister.This physician assistant during surgeries.Her responsibilities include the preparation of the operating room and surgical instruments and related materials for the operation.
- community nurses.He is an assistant district doctor during the reception of patients in the clinic.
- nurse clinics.It works with the doctors of the medical facilities at the reception of patients.
- nutritionist ensures the organization and quality of clinical nutrition appointed nutritionist.
Nurses organize the work of junior staff: nurses, nursing assistants and nurses, housewives.
people engaged in labor activities associated with the risk or harmful to the health of production, work with children and many other types of work are required to undergo a medical examination.It can be carried out once a year or every two years.
There is a list that specifies who should undergo a medical examination.Professions that it includes, - a category of professions related to hazardous industries or production risk, for example, high-altitude work, hazardous substances, noise, dust and others.
also mandatory medical check-up has been extended to the power sector, teachers and employees of the pre-schools, drivers, sailors, nurses and other professionals.
choice of profession
health professions are in demand in today's society, so every year specialized secondary and higher medical institutions produce new professionals.This is due primarily to the fact that an unhealthy environment, constant stress, unhealthy food every year to increase the number of people with chronic diseases or abnormalities.