Understand all the terms unsophisticated tests in human medicine is difficult.That is why in this article would like to tell, what is the rate of total protein in the blood of women, and what it could mean.
What is it?
In the beginning you need to deal with the main concepts that are used extensively in this article.So, what is a common blood protein?This is a key indicator of amino acid metabolism, which characterizes the concentration of the protein molecules in the plasma.If you talk very simple, these figures show how the human body is able to promptly and adequately respond to various contingencies (for example, malfunctioning of certain organs).
components of total blood protein
It is said that the total protein in the blood of women, however, like men, consists of the following components (which are studied during the biochemical analysis):
- Albumin .It is the main component of the total protein mass of blood.Take part in the structure and used the structure of new cells.This low molecular weight proteins.
- Globulins .Takes less than half the volume.It is important for the synthesis of antibodies and other immune proteins.This macromolecular proteins.
- Fibrinogen .It takes a minimum (of the above) fraction of the total blood protein.This is a special high molecular weight protein that is responsible for blood clotting.
What is the rate of total protein in the blood of women?It should be said at the outset that these figures will vary depending on the age of women.
- Girls first month the rate will be 48-73g / l.Indicators of the first year of life babies are almost the same.
- Girls up to five years the rate of increase of protein and few will be 61-75 g / l.
- teenage girls these figures are even higher: 58-76 g / l.
The rate of total protein in the blood of adult women (18 years) - 65-85 g / l.If we talk about older women (retirement age), their performance drop of about 2 g / l.
Men and women: the difference
Is there any difference in terms of people of different sexes?The same to be the norm of the total protein in the blood of women and men?It is said that the doctors do not give different figures.Since the normal range very wide, you can use these numbers is equal for both sexes.But there is one "but".Speaking exclusively to the fair sex, the indicators they may have on average lower by about 10%.Why is this happening?Why is the rate of total protein in the blood to give a few drops?Everything is simple, blame hormones that are produced in women slightly more than men.
Pregnancy and protein in the blood
When it comes to girls, be sure to consider the period of carrying the baby and indicators of total protein at this time.It is said that during this period the figures may significantly decrease.Considered normal performance is not more than 30% below the general rate.
Why is it can happen?The reasons here are the following:
- amount of protein is reduced as a result of the increased volume of circulating plasma, when this fluid is retained in the space vessels.
- Pregnant increased demand for plastic materials.It is required for the synthesis of sex hormones.It also is important to the endocrine glands.
- should also say that the protein is mostly consumed for the growth and development of the unborn child.
If we consider the total protein, the rules are the same in pregnant women as in other women: about 63-83 g / l.However, his insignificant decrease will not be considered pathological, if not the devil will deter below 50 g / l.
How can I find out about the amount of total protein in the human body?This will require a special diagnostic method.Thus, the analysis needs to be called "blood biochemistry."
Total protein (normal) - one of the indicators that are at the same time studied (a total of 11).Simple rules of delivery of this analysis:
- For strictly on an empty stomach. Before analysis can not eat for 8 hours.
- Before any analysis is not recommended even drink (maximum - half a cup of water).
- Taking blood from a vein is made mainly on the arm above the elbow.
figures above normal
It often happens that the patient's total protein above normal.In this case we are talking about a problem that is called medical "hyperproteinemia."However, it can be both relative and absolute.
When there is relative hyperproteinemia?In this case we are talking about reducing the water in the bloodstream.The reasons for this may be the following:
- severe burns.
- incessant profuse diarrhea.
- chronic nephritis.
- bowel obstruction.
- Generalized peritonitis and others.
What will be in this case, the total serum protein?The rate will be exceeded by about 25-30%.
sure to tell about the absolute and hyperproteinemia.I found it, fortunately, extremely rare.Its causes may include the following diseases:
- paraproteinemic hematological malignancies.In this case, it often comes to diseases such as Waldenstrom's disease, multiple myeloma.
- chronic polyarthritis.
- Acute and chronic infections.
- Hodgkin's disease, and others.
What will be the total protein in this serum?The rate will be significantly exceeded.Indicators can achieve marks in the 120-160 g / l.
Reducing protein in the blood
Sometimes the patient is lower than normal, and total protein.In this case, again, to say that the problem can be either relative or absolute.The medical name for low protein in the body - "hypoproteinemia".
relative decrease in protein.In this case, the amount of water in the bloodstream is increased and we are talking about these pathologies and conditions:
- anuria, iecessation of urine.
- water load on the body, which often occurs during dieting or fasting.
- Oliguria, iedaily reduction of urine.
- If the kidney function when administered drugs glucose.
- If the body is increased hormone secretion hypothalamus, that is responsible for the water level in the body.
It should be noted that in this case the rate of the total protein in the blood can vary by about 25-30%.All that is not included in this framework, the doctors called absolute hypoproteinemia.What exactly can cause this condition in women?
- Prolonged starvation, malnutrition.
- Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.This may be, for example, enteritis or enterocolitis.
- in inflammatory processes in the liver significantly inhibited protein biosynthesis.In this case, talking about hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver.
- similar condition can occur in women with congenital disorders of protein synthesis.For example, it happens as a result of Wilson's disease or analbuminemii.
- observed in patients, the body which accelerates the breakdown of protein.This is possible with various tumors, extensive burns or in the postoperative period.
- Also dangerous is the increased protein loss, which can occur due to prolonged diarrhea, vomiting, bleeding, as well as diabetes.Sometimes
- protein in the body can move in a so-called "third" space.This is possible due to diseases such as pleural effusion or ascites.
It is said that any deviation from the parameters total protein standards is harmful to the human body and serves as a confirmation of a diagnosis.