"Yes, he is on this dog ate it", "and the time is running," "here the whole city together" ... We are so accustomed to such phrases in speech and writing, he did not even notice the figures of speech used here andtrails.Moreover, many people do not even know of their existence.Meanwhile, figures of speech and trails take in our lives is so important and strong position that the present without even an ordinary everyday conversation it would be pretty difficult ...
Figures of speech - it's all we use syntactic and lexical tools that are neededto make the text brightness and expressiveness.
a syntax figures of speech are those who use manipulation of words, sentences and punctuation marks:
- inversion (violation of the classic word order)."Switzerland arrow by it";
- antithesis (figure of speech with the opposition)."I had a black scarf, and her sister Masha - the white";
- zeugma (including the use of homogeneous terms of the elements, distracting from the overall number of the meaning)."He took
- anaphora and epiphora (reception repetition of the same structure at the beginning or end of a few sentences in a row)."In the valley of the sun is shining. In the valley of the happiness waits," "Les wrong! - Bush is not one! - Drozd wrong!";
- grading (layout on the degree of ascending or descending order of importance)."Veni Vidi won!";
- ellipsis (skip predlazheniya member that is implied in the context)."From the station it is right here" (verb omitted);
- rhetorical questions, statements and exclamations."Is there a meaning to our lives?" "Come spring, come quickly!";
- parcelling (breaking proposal into parts, each of which takes the form of a separate proposal)."And here. I returned home. There. Where I was. Young."
Lexical figures of speech include those that use the "game" semantic definitions:
- synonyms and antonyms (words that are similar / opposite of the semantic value)."Red, red, purple dye," "He is happy or sad?";
- hyperbole and litotes (artistic exaggeration / understatement)."The whole world stood in anticipation", "adorable dog, not a thimble";
- occasionalisms (words, first introduced by the author)."Priknopkay me a picture";
- a metaphor (latent comparison based on giving one subject other properties)."Bee wax is flying out of the cell for a tribute to the field";
- an oxymoron (a combination of mutually exclusive in the sense of the words)."The young grandmother, who are you?";
- personification (giving inanimate objects as living)."Winter came, and the forest has fallen asleep to awaken only with the spring sun";
- periphrasis (substitution of the word itself a value judgment or a description)."I'm going back to my favorite city on the Neva River";
- an epithet (figurative definition)."His coming - il empty, il dark."
figures of speech to illustrate the richness of the Russian language and help not only to express their personal attitude to the subject, but also show it in a new way.They attach the text of the liveliness and spontaneity, as well as help identify the author's point of view.Therefore, you must be able to recognize and use figures of speech, because without them our language can become dry and soulless.