Shuvalov Palace built in the heart of St. Petersburg.He decorates the Fontanka River.It is believed that the construction of the palace was completed in the late eighteenth century, and its author is a well-known architect of the time - J. Quarenghi.
history of famous buildings
Shuvalov Palace originally belonged to the family of Vorontsov.In 1799 it was bought by the wife of Chamberlain Naryshkin - Maria Antonovna.By the decision of the new owners of the building expanded.To this were added the ceremonial rooms of the museum, art gallery and a ballroom.
in the first decades of the nineteenth century ballroom, which is also called the Alexander, Dance and white columns, was especially popular among high society of St. Petersburg.At balls held in the palace, attended by Pushkin and Vyazemsky, wings and Derzhavin.Personal guest of Mary Antonovna was considered the Emperor Alexander I.
In 1834, Naryshkin left St. Petersburg.From that time the house, stands on the Fontanka, become proficient their
Since the mid-forties of the nineteenth century began the restructuring of the house.Become an author of the project was invited by Bernard de Simone.Architect NEEfimov were connected individual housing converted facade.The appearance of the palace was the match the style of the Italian Renaissance.
The ground floor housed the office Shuvalov.These spaces were organized management companies and family estates.The former through passage by the Fontanka favorably changed on the front lobby, decorated with a marble staircase.In the period from 1844 to 1846 were created beautiful living rooms.Among them, Blue, Gold, White and Blue.In addition, Shuvalov Palace acquired the Gothic and large cabinet, as well as knights' hall.
After the revolution of 1917, Shuvalov Palace came under nationalization.In 1919, in the building of the Museum of organized life.It is an exhibition of Western European paintings, a collection of carved ivory, glass, porcelain and so on.. After six years of existence, it has been closed.All the exhibits of the museum, as well as works of applied art and paintings Shuvalov Palace were transferred to the Hermitage and the Russian Museum.
From this period in a building located on the Fontanka House engineering and technical personnel to them.Molotov, Printing House, as well as project organization.
During the war against the German occupiers on the Fontanka building was badly damaged.For example, it was completely destroyed by Alexander Hall.It has got high explosive bomb.
At the end of the war in the Shuvalov Palace were started restoration work.In 1965 the building was opened House of Peace and Friendship with Foreign Countries.The restored palace gathered numerous delegations from different parts of our planet.Their visits are allowed to strengthen cultural and international contacts between our peoples.
Shuvalov Palace now is a public institution.It's called "St. Petersburg Center for International Cooperation."This organization is in many respects the traditions of the people who once belonged to the Shuvalov Palace.Shows, charity concerts, presentations and international symposiums are held here permanently.
In addition, the Center for International Cooperation provided excellent comfortable rooms of the palace for a wide variety of activities.It offers everyone - the organization of meetings and congresses, conferences and concerts, banquets and competitions, weddings and anniversaries.
For all these activities to clients shall have the necessary demonstration, lighting and sound equipment.In addition, a full range of possible, allowing to serve business tourism congress in St. Petersburg.At the center of international cooperation can be provided eight rooms of the palace, whose total area is 1,250 square meters, as well as excellent facilities.Guests can take advantage of simultaneous translation, fax and telephone, as well as the services of copying and printing the necessary materials.
International Cooperation Center invites you to visit Shuvalov Palace all who wish to communicate, appreciate each given the opportunity to obtain new information, but also likes a sense of celebration and solemn atmosphere.In the halls of this magnificent building excursions.In addition, each visitor can always get advice on the desired composition thereof.
outside clock can be inspected Shuvalov Palace.Opening hours for visitors - from ten to eighteen.
At the end of 2013 in St. Petersburg opened a museum of Faberge.In the Shuvalov Palace, where it is located, visitors can see a wonderful collection of valuable works of jewelry made during the second half of the nineteenth - early twentieth century.
history jewelry pieces
before almost all the exhibits made by masters of Faberge, which are presented at the exhibition, are in private collections.Its owner was a media tycoon Malcolm Forbes.He collected this collection for almost half a century.
In early 2004, it was announced that the sale of items.Collections threatened to split.Surprisingly, however, bids were canceled.All items bought Viktor Vekselberg - the founder of Fund "The Link of Times".
guests of the Northern capital, for cultural heritage of Russia, should certainly visit the Museum of Faberge.In the Shuvalov Palace, where it is located, you can see the famous Imperial Easter eggs.This is the basis of exposure.
exhibition of Faberge in the Shuvalov Palace is the world's largest collection of works created by the company of the great jeweler.The list of exhibits - nine Easter eggs.In addition, in the museum is a collection of other unique items that were created by Russian artists.