Deadly Wolfberry - take care of children

For modern metropolis residents walk through the forest - it is neither an incomparable relaxation and joy.Fresh air, acrid smell of hot sun foliage creates a special mood, restores energy and vitality.

And so interesting to make a "silent hunting" for mushrooms and berries!With mushrooms is more or less clear: We regularly inform and remind of hazardous.But with berries complicated.They all appear to be harmless, and at first glance it is very difficult to distinguish the poisonous berries.So often in the summer, you can read the news of the poisoning of wild berry compote or severe intestinal disorders after consuming fresh.

Let's see what poisonous and inedible berries have in our band.

Wolfberry (daphne)

This is a low shrub that blooms white or pale pink flowers, like lilacs.The fruits appear directly on the stem, ripen in July.Externally Wolfberry is very attractive: bright red, shiny, juicy.Children and stretch to try this beautiful fruit.It is not difficult, because the shrub is grown a

s an ornamental plant around homes, in urban parks and gardens.

However Wolfberry entirely poisonous - and leaves, and bark, and fruits are dangerous because they contain a toxic substance dafnin.If you touch the bark or leaves are rubbed, the skin can be itchy red spots and blisters.In more severe injuries necrosis of certain areas of the skin.

Wolfberry leads to serious food poisoning - it is enough to eat only a dozen fruits.There is a strong flow of saliva, stomach pain, vomiting and cramps, high fever.Disrupted the intestine and kidney.Recovery even if timely assistance is happening for a long time.

Belladonna

This is a beautiful shrub with dark green leaves that blooms single large purple or magenta.Fruits - black, slightly flattened, by the size and shape similar to a shallow cherry.The taste - sweet and juicy.

belladonna berries occupy first place on the toxicity, since they contain just three species of poison: atropine, scopolamine and hyoscyamine.Even a small amount of fruit can lead to a slow and painful death.

snowberry

This decorative extremely antifreeze plant.It blooms all summer ornate pink buds, and in September-October, begins to bear fruit juicy white balls about a centimeter in diameter.Berries very long adorn the bush - until the middle of winter.

fruits of snowberry is very poisonous and can cause death.

Krushinnik (magpie berries)

This shrub blooms with small greenish-white flowers, which are in place then there are small berries.Unripe fruit - bright red and ripe are black.Eating berries krushinnika not fatal, but it leads to a rather severe nausea and vomiting.

Crow's Eye

Low bushes of this plant found only in the forest, they can be confused with blueberries or blueberry.But to distinguish the poisonous plant is simple: berry growing singly, in the middle of the Four-corolla has a very unpleasant smell.One or two of berries do not pose a great danger, but large amounts can cause vomiting and diarrhea.

And krushinnik and crow eyes only affect the gastrointestinal tract.Examples of these toxic, but non-fatal berries is also known to all the black elderberry and honeysuckle.

Adults tend to be careful not to try unfamiliar wild specimens.But children can be tempted by a beautiful multi-colored fruits.

What to do if your child has had time to try the berries are poisonous?

First, you need as quickly as possible to induce vomiting.Before that, let your child drink a little weak solution of potassium permanganate to oxidize toxic substances in the stomach.

After the stomach was cleansed, you must water the child a mixture of crushed charcoal and water.

possible, to do an enema to cleanse the bowel.

If there is inflammation of the skin, the damaged areas, rinse with a solution of potassium permanganate.

after first aid is required to contact the hospital.