Typology of conflicts - is an attempt to classify objects in science conflictology.Currently, there are many ways of structuring the conflicts on their grounds, but scientists have not reached a consensus that the classifications of the most versatile and can be used in any field.In the social sciences, the typology and classification is very difficult because of the complexity of the components, which have different shades of meaning and often interrelated.That is why in this article we will look at several options for the typology of conflicts.
Typology of conflicts on the number of participants
So, here there are 4 types of conflicts:
- intergroup.It is a conflict that arises between two or more groups of people.The number of participants is not limited.A striking example of intergroup conflict - the elite and the masses, or nationalists and cosmopolitans.Here, the group pursuing incompatible goals, have a different system of values and way of life that leads to a contradiction.
- conflict between the individual and the group.It occurs when the behavior of the individual in the group does not meet its rules, interests, values and needs.
- conflict between personalities.In this case, people are members of one group, but they have opposite views on any of these important phenomena or processes.Also presented here, this option relationships when two persons seeking to achieve the goal, provided that can achieve the desired only one of them.
- Intrapersonal.It occurs when the identity of a contradiction between the interests that are equally important to her.Examples of personal conflicts often vividly depicted in psychological novels.
Typology of conflicts duration
- Short.It is a category of violent conflicts, which have bright emotional.In this case, people express their negative attitude affective, which sometimes leads to tragic results.Where great importance is not so much a radical position as a manifestation of the nature of the opponents.
- Long.This type of conflict as well as the previous one, is a sharp, but their difference is that this type has a stable contradiction in the positions of opponents.
- lingering.This is an ill-defined type is typical for situations in which there is little between people contradiction.It often occurs when one of the individuals is not interested in open confrontation.
- fleeting.This is one of the most "successful" forms of conflict, as often is resolved reconciliation opponents.
typology of causes of conflicts
- ideological.It is based on a contradiction in the figures on government installations, collective values and social issues.
- Economics.Here there is the problem of ensuring that one person (or group) is interested in financial support to help the other.
- family and household.It is caused by disharmony of relationship.The causes of such conflicts can be as small problems of everyday life, and ideological differences.
- socio-psychological.It serves the cause of conflict in the first place, the psychological incompatibility of personalities who may be aware of the causes of dislike or do not have the relevant arguments.
Typology of social conflicts
For this typology there is no unambiguous classification, so we will look at a few of them:
- L. Coser identifies realistic and unrealistic, the difference between them is that the former arise from-this objective circumstances and the latter affects the emotional sphere of groups of people.
- Rapoport distinguishes three types of social conflict: combat, debates and games.
- These types of conflicts, in turn, divided into constructive and destructive, and antagonicheskie and compromise.
typology of political conflicts
cause of political conflicts is always the desire for power.The typology of this category consists of three parameters:
- Scope.These can be domestic and international conflicts.
- type political system.For example, a conflict of totalitarian and democratic regimes.
- Details on the subject.There may be a status-role, conflict of interests and values.