Device for recording information in the so-called need optimization.First of all, this concerns the computer's hard drive that can hold a huge amount of content.In windows xp hard drive optimization procedure is based on 3 pillars: Enabling dma, write caching on the disk and defrag.
If the first two options are already configured in the system default, the last one is always a question of how to make a defragmentation.Since it is it requires periodic intervention from the user.
What is defragmentation.Description of
Before considering how to do defragmentation, describe the process of this procedure.Then, consider the built-in utilities and xp software system auslogics, which also has a separate application defragmenter.
So, of these procedures has the following features.When a user runs a program to defragment your disk, it assumes a result - the acceleration of the computer and run the day to day tasks.
hard disk data in small portions recorded by sector.The file or folder with the files co
Thus, in order to accelerate data reading from the disk and, therefore, reduce the time of opening the document or application, it is necessary to combine these fragments.How to defragment a disk, we now consider the example of regular utility windows xp - program defrag.exe
This tool has a graphical interface, and it can cause operating through the management console system - MMC.There are two ways to run the console.
- In the "Start" menu item to open the "Run" and then in the working window enter the command mmc, but I recommend to do more wisely.
- Namely, right-click (touchpad) on the icon "Computer" and select the drop-down list, the option "computer management".
- opens the management console windows, divided into two parts.The one that is smaller and is located to the left, we will finally see how to make a defragmentation.
- select the item "disk defragmentation" and click on it.This opens a window in which you can perform this procedure on specific partitions.
- Suppose we need to find out whether there are additional pieces on the system partition C .Select the icon of this section by clicking the mouse and click "analysis of the disk."The program will analyze the current status of the partition and displays a detailed summary about whether you need to defragment the selected volume.
- If the drive needs to be processed, click the "defrag" and expect results.After completing the procedure, the application displays a report on the work done.If any files could not be optimized, may not have enough free space on the partition.Then, before a defragmentation, free up space, and then try again.
utilized to optimize auslogics 5
the above set of programs designed to optimize the windows.Also, the 5 part series auslogics defragmenter.Here's how to defragment with it (assuming that the complex is already installed):
- Start application using shortcuts on your desktop windows.
- Click on the icon in the form of a blue balloon in the system tray (near the clock).
- Right-click the series to use a list of sub-menus "Tools" - "disk maintenance / defragmentation."
- In the window of the program to analyze or defrag the partition.The utility of auslogics has advanced features when compared with built-in optimizer.The rest of its functionality is similar to the interface defrag.exe