electoral process - a practical organizational component of the electoral system.It, in turn, includes two elements.They are the electoral campaign and the election procedure.
election campaign referred to the actions that make the direct participants in the elections.These participants, in particular, the non-governmental organizations, parties, voters, candidates.Actions in the framework of this campaign carried out in the period, especially established by law.
second concept, "electoral process", describes a set of measures provided by law.These activities are related to the organization of the preparation and conduct of elections carried out on the territory of the state.
stages of the electoral process in the Russian Federation are coordinated and consistent activities of participants in the electoral legal relations.These activities are governed by appropriate legislation and is in the form of steps logically consecutive.
stages of the electoral process in Russia.
- the election.This step is performed in the legally prescribed time not later than sixty-five days before the end of the term of office of the previous composition of the elected body or official.Assignment carried out by authorized organizations (official) by issuing a sub-normative act, the individual character of the wearer and to be officially published without fail.If the competent authorities or the official elections were not assigned, they are appointed by the relevant commission.If the Commission could not appoint them, it makes the appropriate federal court of general jurisdiction.
- Preparations for the elections.As part of this stage of the electoral process is carried out the formation of the corresponding infrastructure committees, sections, districts.At this stage, the formation, updating lists of voting citizens and other activities.
- Nomination of candidates (or lists).
- campaigning.As part of this stage of the electoral process, the interaction with the citizens of the candidates, the media and other institutions that contribute to the dissemination of program applicants, information about them.For the campaign provided a certain period - from the date of nomination until the day that precedes the day of voting.
- Early voting.This step is considered optional.Early voting is allowed only in the framework of the municipal elections, if the law of the corresponding subject, it does not provide for absentee ballots.
- Survey.This step is carried out at a certain prescribed period after the elections were called.Voting can take place only on Sunday.Precinct Commission provided an opportunity for individuals to exercise their right to vote at home.
- repeated voting.This step is optional.It occurs, for example, in the second round in the election of the President.
- counting.As part of this stage of the electoral process is carried out determination of the number of votes cast in favor of one or the other candidate (the list).Counting is done openly, with the presence of observers.According to the results drawn up.
- Recount of votes.This step is optional, and is considered an emergency.
- Determination results of the precinct commissions.At the same time, a protocol on the results of voting at the respective sites.
- processing election results.
- official publication of the election results.