In mathematics called rounding operation, which reduces the number of digits in the number using a replacement, given certain rules.If you are interested in the question of how to round numbers to the hundredths, then the first step is to deal with all the existing rules of rounding.There are several ways of how to round the number:
- Statistical - used in the refinement of the number of residents.Speaking about the number of citizens called only an approximate value and not an exact figure.
- Half - half going round to the nearest even number.
- Round to a smaller number (rounded to zero) - this is the easiest round, in which discards all the "extra" digits.
- Rounding up to a larger number - if the signs that want to round is not equal to zero, the number is rounded.This method of using providers or mobile operators.
- nonzero round - the number is rounded according to the rules, but when the result should be 0, then rounding is done "from scratch."
- Alternating rounding - when the N + 1 is equal to 5, the number of turns in less rounded, in a big way.
For example, you need to round a number 21.837 to the hundredths.After rounding your correct answer should be 21.84.Here's why.The number 8 is included in the category of tenths, therefore the category of 3 hundredths, and 7000th.7 more than 5, so we increase the 3-ku 1, that is up to 4.It's quite easy if you know a few rules:
1. The latter retains the figure is increased by one in the event that the first cast by the front of her - more than 5. If this figure is equal to 5, and behind it there are stillany other digit, as previous increases by 1.
For example, we need to round up to the tenth: 54.69 = 54.7, or 7.357 = 7.4.
If you asked a question about how to round numbers to the nearest hundredth, act similarly to the above embodiment.
2. The latter retains the figure remains unchanged if the first of the cast, which stands in front of her less than 5.
Example: 96.71 = 96.7.
3. The last of the stored numbers remain unchanged, provided that it is even, and if the first of the cast - the number 5, and behind it there is no longer any figures.If the reserves figure - odd, it increases by 1.
Examples: 84.45 = 63.75 = 84.4 or 63.8.
Note.In many schools, students give a simplified version of the rules of rounding, so it pays to keep this in mind.In them all the numbers remain the same if they go after numbers from 0 to 4 and is increased by 1, provided that the following is a number from 5 to 9. competently solve problems with rounding according to strict rules, but if the school wound easy option,to avoid confusion is to stick to it.We hope you understand how to round numbers to the nearest hundredth.Rounding
in life is necessary for the convenience of working with numbers and directions of measurement accuracy.Currently definition appeared such as anti-rounding.For example, when counting of votes of any round of studies is considered bad manners.Stores also use anti-round to create the impression among customers more favorable prices (for example, write 199 instead of 200).We hope that the question of how to round numbers to the hundredths or tenths, now you can answer yourself.