If a small child has a fever, many parents, especially young ones, are beginning to panic, try to knock it in all possible ways, or call an ambulance.In this article we consider the basic questions that arise from their parents, if the child has a fever.
How to bring down a high temperature in children?
Before answering this question, we need to find out, and whether or not it generally beat down.
What is fever? a reaction to the processes taking place in it.Children, especially infants, it may be caused by a disease - infection, the common cold - or the cutting teeth.Fever indicates that organism itself fights disease by producing antibodies.Sometimes the lack of temperature can be even worse than its presence.If the disease shows no temperature low immunity and lack of body resistance.Before you knock down a high temperature in children, make sure that it is really necessary.For kids get sick - in the order of things.This is due to the lack of immunity to many, even the simplest infections.Something with which the body of an adult to cope effortlessly for children will take place with the temperature.
Needless to shoot down the temperature of 38?
We tend to think that the normal body temperature of 36.6.By putting a thermometer in the baby's mouth, we see at 37 and begin to panic, though his temperature is normal, and we have not considered that it also depends on the measuring point.
Normal temperatures for different types of thermometers:
- Rectal measurement (for infants) - 37.5 degrees.
- Oral measurement - 37 degrees.
- underarm measurement - 36.6 degrees.
Before you carry out the procedure to reduce the temperature, assess the child's condition.When to take actions to reduce the temperature:
- temperature above 38.5 and continues to rise
- before to bring down a high temperature in children, ensure that it delivers the child discomfort.For example, he refuses to eat, drink, naughty and complains of pain.
- His pale skin and seizures - in this case, be sure to call an ambulance.
- High temperature drops for a few days.
- The child shortness of breath.
In all these cases, especially if the temperature does not go a few days, see your doctor to determine the causes of the disease.Remember, it is - a signal of more serious problems in the child, and should be treated no consequence (temperature), and the cause of the disease.
The lower the temperature the child (1 year)?
If the temperature has risen by 39 mark, but does not deliver the child of special concern it possible to bring down drug-free methods to 1 or 1.5 degrees.What to do:
- Giving your child a lot to drink, but in small portions.The beverage should be warm (up to 5 - 6 degrees below body temperature).
- Since knock down the heat in children is possible without drugs, try sponging with warm water below body temperature, but not cold, it can also bathe.
- If your child has a fever, wrap it.
- do rubdown with warm water and vinegar.In warm water, add a little vinegar and wipe his palms, feet, arms, legs, chest, abdomen, back - in that order.This should be done toward the heart.
If high temperature is still kept and brings inconvenience, you can use the medication.Now a lot of drugs to help gently and effectively reduce the temperature.For the little ones - a candle, for older children - syrups and pills.Their main active ingredient - acetaminophen, as well as the temperature decreases cope ibuprofen.
Attention!In no case do not give your child aspirin!After his admission in childhood is a risk of Reye's syndrome - a very dangerous condition.
After lowering the temperature is required to determine the cause of its increase, in order not to miss the really serious disorder in which the child may need urgent medical attention.Be sure to call the doctor.