The liver performs many important functions for maintaining normal human life.
1) It is - the filter that cleanses the body of toxins that pass through it drugs and alcohol.
2) liver synthesizes proteins which, in particular, are responsible for blood clotting.
3) also creates liver carbohydrate reserves which can be spent in the case of stress or a critical situation.
4) This huge gland produces bile acids, which are necessary for the processing of fats that we eat.
This is its main function.In fact, much more extensive list.So, what analyzes to hand over, to check the liver, I should tell you doctor, based on your situation.It's one thing if you want to pass the planned inspection, and another thing - you have the yellow skin, darkened urine, pain under the right rib, long time does not stop the blood after an injury.
basic tests of liver called liver function tests.They can be handed over to the clinic in the community or in private laboratories (fasting).Results must assess physician (or infectious diseases).It was on the basis of these figures, if they are not normal, experts say, to pass any tests to check the liver.An additional list of studies will help to clarify the picture!
So, the main indicators of liver function tests:
1. Albumin.It is a protein produced by the liver.Its norm - 65-85 grams per liter of blood.If it is below 60, then you need to carry out treatment in a hospital.
2. Bilirubin.This is a product of metabolism of hemoglobin from red blood cells.It is common, direct and indirect.Typically, the laboratory determined the general, and only one of its fractions.
Total bilirubin has a rate - to 18.5 mmol / liter.The increase in the number of its needs further determine the cause.The doctor says to a patient, which pass the tests to check liver further.
indirect bilirubin (normal 2,5-13, 8 umol / L, or more than 75% of the total) should be evaluated together with the total bilirubin.If necessary, it can be calculated direct bilirubin.It is necessary to distinguish the disease from liver disease with increased erythrocytolysis: if a general and indirect indicators are more than the norm, it is likely pathology - in erythrocytes.If the total raised through direct bilirubin, then you need to look for liver or biliary tract.In this situation makes the following analysis.
3. ALT (alanine aminotransferase).This enzyme is said about the health of the liver.If it is greater than 0.6 IU / L * min (there are other units), it means inflammation of the liver itself.Such situations can be toxic hepatitis (with poisoning poisons, mushrooms, drugs, alcohol), cirrhosis, viral hepatitis.Sometimes
indicator ALT evaluated together with AST.This helps to distinguish the disease of the heart muscle (ALT then also increases, but this increase correlated with AST) from liver disease.
If these indicators there is a deviation, a doctor (not laboratory) should tell you what analyzes to hand over, to check the liver further.