Communication skills - a person's ability to interact with others, adequately interpreting the information it receives, as well as passing it correctly.These skills are very important in a society where every day you need to interact with many people.Some professions require to give them more attention, since certain activities of the main method of work is communication: this is journalism, psychology, education, sociology and others. However, the professional needs - is only a small part of the reasons why communication skills are so important.After all anyone need to communicate and to meet the psychological, social realization and simply in order to survive.Individuals who neglect their achievements, unsuccessful, and it is more difficult to realize.
Communication skills: defining
There is synonymous in psychology: communicative competence.It is the totality of the human skills that are adequate for the particular social environment and include:
- restrictions knowledge and cultural norms in communication;
- knowledge of traditions and customs;
- possession of etiquette;
- demonstration of good breeding;
- skillful use of means of communication.
They work enough with the social experience of man, as well as through further study of psychology and other sciences.Some of the information we receive in childhood, along with education, when we explain the boundaries of decent behavior, and by mastering the concepts of "good" and "evil."However, this is not enough for the successful establishment of the communicative channel have to meet certain parameters, which expects us to target, and they are also sometimes require extra effort.For example, the Japanese, who does not know the Russian language will not be able to fully communicate with the Russian people as long as it will hold their sign-semantic system of information transmission.
Communication skills: ability
There are a number of abilities that combine to provide human communicative competence.
- ability to make a socio-psychological prognosis communication situation.Here a person is tuned to the upcoming conversation, evaluates how he might perceive those to whom it is addressed and, respectively, to simulate the behavior of several models, depending on their reaction.
- Programming of the communication process.Here, people are trying to translate the conversation in the direction it needs, which is dependent on the purpose of the conversation and his personal preferences.Of course, this is done carefully so as not to hurt the person interviewees, with a share of immediacy and diplomacy.
- management communication.Vivid manifestation of this ability can be seen daily on TV screens in a variety of television programs, which is leading a dialogue with the guest.Often leading eager to get answers to those questions, which his companion did not want to talk, but professionals in most cases still put the guest in a communicative situation that he can not tell.Sometimes you can meet quite strong-willed and brilliant personalities as interlocutors whom the journalist can not be persuaded to talk to them unpleasant subject.
Communication skills: the rules
There are some rules that are universal for any type of environment and communication.
- Reported thought must be understood in the first place to those who intend it to sound.
- Understanding.The two sides should always be ready to seek understanding and the most direct way to communicate their position.
- specifics.Voice phrases must be accurate and does not imply several meanings.
- Non-verbal signs.You should also pay great attention to their own facial expressions, gestures and intonation, which should correspond to the information reported.
Thus, following these simple rules will improve communication skills, and communication will be the way to remove the psychological barriers between people.