mechanisms of socialization to help socialization in the process of interaction with different agents and factors.Scientists' opinions on how to consider the mechanisms of socialization, ambiguous and often at odds, but if they are to sum up, it is still possible to name common to all psychosocial and psychological mechanisms of socialization.
psychological mechanisms of socialization:
- Imprinting - Capturing a person on a subconscious level and receptors of images, objects, feelings, having vital importance for him.Most imprinting occurs in infancy, although not necessarily, imprinting is possible and at a later age.
- existential pressure - impact on the mastery of languages (native and non-native) conditions of human life, as well as the unconscious assimilation of social norms of human life.
- Imitation - examples from real life, or those who offer the media.
- Identify - in cooperation with influential individuals or groups of people identified their pattern of behavior, norms, values with hismodel.
- Reflection - Maintenance man of inner dialogue in which he examines something, rejects or accepts.The dialogue can be conducted with others, real or imaginary, or different "I" person.
Socially-psychological mechanisms of socialization are the following:
- traditional mechanisms of socialization - the absorption of the individual patterns of behavior, norms, traditional views of his closest environment (family, neighbors, friends).Customs, traditions, behavior patterns adopted in this context can be both social and asocial character.They are assimilated at the subconscious level, when the basic stereotypes perceived without the slightest criticism, the man remembers them, using all of these psychological mechanisms of socialization, except for reflection.
- institutional mechanism of socialization is activated when a person interacts with the various institutions of society and organizations, accumulating as a result, the necessary knowledge and experience to help him or to behave so that his social behavior has been approved, or avoid compliance with the society without anyproblems and the consequences for himself.Television, radio, print, cinema, as a social institution, also affect the socialization of man and not only by means of information transmission, but also by means of presenting the norms of behavior through striking images of positive and negative heroes of movies, books.As a result, people identify with certain characters, trying on their lifestyle, their pattern of behavior.
- stylized socialization mechanism only works within the subculture to which the people and as much as this subculture and its members significant for humans.Under subculture refers to the connection of psychological, moral traits, specific behaviors characteristic of people in a particular profession, culture and age.As a result of this connection there is a particular style of life, a way of thinking in the group (age, social, religious, professional, ethnographic, etc.).
- Interpersonal socialization mechanism operates in human relationships with people who have a lot to him (parents, a friend, a respected adult).It goes without saying that these influential people belong to any organization, group, subculture, but they do not necessarily have a man the same effect as the band, organization or subculture.
ratio effect on the socialization of those or other mechanisms depends on the sex, age, membership in a particular culture.Each of the mechanisms of socialization plays a role in a particular area of socialization.