In today's world the theme of AIDS and HIV, unfortunately, every year it becomes more and more urgent - especially in Russia, where, according to the statistics, young people begin to be infected still at school.In the local schools, almost non-existent, no preventive and explanatory work.
therefore the duty of parents today - to overcome shyness and fear, and to talk with their children on this difficult subject to explain to them everything they need to know.Today we bring you some advice of psychologists, as it is best to do.
not think that teenagers are no longer influenced by their parents, they do not care what you say and do.
Numerous studies around the world show clearly that in the life of even the most "rebellious and difficult" teen parents play a big role.For example, in families where the parents talk openly with their children about sex and does not hesitate to explain everything, the risk of HIV infection is considerably lower.
The same studies show that many children would like to talk with their parents about HIV, but are hesitant and do not know how to do it.
But psychologists and statistics say that the most important thing to start talking with your teen about these things before his first sexual experience.
Therefore, parents need to take the initiative and carry out confidential conversation with the child.And how this is best done - prompt psychologists.
So, talking with children about AIDS and HIV - 10 useful tips:
1. Starting a conversation about HIV and AIDS (as well - about sex and drugs), allow the child to understand that the conversation will be a serious and important, butdo not frighten or exert pressure on it immediately.
2. uneasy about such things it is best to speak more than once - because over time, any child can start to forget and confuse the information received from you.Again, raising once already "traveled" theme, first find out what all remember the teenager from the previous call.
3. Child should listen and hear!Not lectured and lectures - children miss their "deaf ears".Listen to your child, answer his questions, ask, that he is aware of the topic.This will help you build conversation and better explain.
4. Man should respect himself - Teach your child self-esteem, strengthen self-esteem.Spend more time with your child, praise him more often, and clearly articulate clearly put before them available to him the task.
Self Esteem - one of the best to protect your child from trying to draw him into the dubious company, force it to try drugs, or to forget about the rules of safe sex.
5. Your child should be able to firmly say "no" in response to questionable or dangerous proposals from an early age.To do this as early as possible to teach him "what is good and what is bad", what can and what can not.
Model with him the situation in which the child will have to withstand the pressure of friends and acquaintances, and to give up alcohol, drugs, sex without a condom.And most importantly - explain to your child of that true friends never draw him into the dubious adventure, do not offer anything dangerous.
6. You must openly, clearly and concisely explain to a child the position in relation to drugs and their inhibitions.Without going into detail about their use, just describe what harm drugs can cause the body (to the extent that they are dying from) and what they are - a child can learn them on occasion.
7. Instill their children morals and values.Even if the child does not agree with your opinion, when old enough, he should at an early age feel and understand that moral values exist - and in his family too.It is desirable that he developed as an opinion on this account.
Do not avoid talking about sex and physiology - the child must learn to understand your body and its desires, and do not hesitate to.
8. The children of the opposite sex, too, is possible and necessary to speak on these topics.The girls will be useful to know the opinion of the fathers, and the boys - to consult with their mothers, because when they grow up, they will have to address these issues is with the opposite sex.
9. Starting a conversation, use the occasion for discussions on a particular topic (eg, AIDS).The reason could be today almost any source - film, art, transmission of TV, advertising, real-life examples.
first ask the child he thinks about it, he already knows what his opinion on the matter.This will help you to establish contact and dialogue.Share your knowledge and then the views, be sure to discuss with all the associated problems with this theme.
10. And the chapter - that the teen should know about HIV and AIDS?
You can search for more information on this subject on the Internet, but most importantly - to explain to the child that:
1) HIV and AIDS - is not the same thing.HIV - the human immune system destroys the virus, and AIDS - this is the stage of the disease, when the defeat of the immune system reaches the highest level, and the body becomes ill various ailments, no longer able to fight the virus.
2) HIV is not transmitted through the air or by simply touching and mostly through contact with blood of an infected (for example, using other people's tools for injection, alien razor or toothbrush, if the patient's blood fell on it), andsex without a condom, or when a pregnant woman is infected and passes the virus to the child.
3) You can not "see" whether a particular person is infected with HIV or not - it can only show a special blood test.
4) The only way to protect against HIV during sex - condoms and ability to properly use it.Talk with your child so that he was not afraid of sex, but the approach to it responsibly and know how to use contraceptives.
And remember - if you do not take time to give your children on these issues, they will be required to them and not always reliable information from other sources.