"tooth reacts to hot and cold" - such complaints are often to be found in a dentist's office.Today, quite a large number of people suffer from hypersensitivity, which doctors call hyperesthesia.In the presence of the disease symptoms in each individual well.Irritants can be mass - from acidic foods, finishing with spicy food.In some cases, for example, reacts to the sweet tooth.It should be noted that the pain is short-lived, and almost immediately passes.This is the main difference between the sensitivity of the pulpit, in which there is prolonged discomfort due to inflammation of the nerve.
not good feeling: cause or consequence?
simple example of having hypersensitivity is a pain when brushing your teeth.Discomfort can be triggered by chocolate, ice cream, or even an ordinary cold water.This problem is typical for almost every third person on the planet Earth, regardless of age.It often occurs among teenagers during hormonal changes occurring as puberty.If the tooth reacts to hot and cold, this may indicate the presence of some other disease and is a symptom of an infectious disease, periodontal disease or endocrine disorders in the body.
main reasons for increased sensitivity
There is an extensive list of factors that may cause hypersensitivity.They are divided into two broad groups: non-system and system.
The fragmented reasons:
1. Impact of various acids on the enamel.They are contained in larger quantities in citrus fruits and soda ("Fanta", "Coca-Cola", etc.)
2. Application of paste for teeth that is designed for whitening, paired with a very stiff brush.Sometimes it is useful to follow the trend of pain - namely, the moment when she first showed itself.Tooth responds to sweet, and to the purchase of a new pasta, everything was different?The reason could easily be just there.
3. pathological disorders of enamel, under which it takes place rapidly blurring.
4. The initial stage of decay, erosion, or wedge-shaped defects.
5. The sensitivity can manifest themselves after turning the teeth for the installation of crowns.
6. Visiting the dentist's office, during which was held for cleaning and tooth bleaching (removal of the stone, and so on. D.).
7. Tooth responds to cold after filling.
8. A variety of microtrauma.May be the consequence of their addictions, including nibbling nail, wire or seed.
1. The lack of useful minerals needed for a healthy life teeth (calcium, phosphorus and magnesium).
2. Infectious and viral diseases that may not even be related to the oral cavity.
3. gastrointestinal diseases, endocrine disorders.
4. There are cases where doctors wrote off the occurrence of this problem on the psychological trauma and stress.
5. Hormonal contraceptives.
6. Tooth responds to hot and cold in pregnant women during toxicosis.
7. Work in the chemical industry or contact with harmful substances.
Because of the above reasons, there is a gradual thinning of the enamel, which is the protective shield of the tooth.Under it is the dentin, which is in close contact with nerve endings.When the enamel becomes very thin, it opens the way for all the stimuli that bypassing the dentin, affect the pulp (nerve).In the first stage the tooth reacts to hot and cold, the second updated list of sweet, spicy and salty.The final stage of the disease - the third, during which the pain appear when you touch the tooth with absolutely any stimulus.
tooth reacts to hot - what to do?
As with any disease, you first need to see a specialist.Only he can help to identify the main causes and prescribe treatment.The first thing that will advise the doctor - follow the diet as much as possible.For example, to eat less candy or citrus fruits.Be sure to adhere to the following rules: Do not interfere with the cold food very hot.This contrast is harmful even for relatively healthy people.Hot tea + ice cream - a direct path to the destruction of enamel and microtraumas.Forget crackers, nuts, seeds and hard.But fish, milk and cheese are a rich repository of calcium and phosphorus, which are so necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
Other methods of getting rid of the problem
When the teeth react to hot and cold, the treatment may be diverse - ranging from a simple diet to special desensitizing toothpaste.It is very convenient for any patient, because along with the usual oral hygiene and prevention takes place.Usually dentists prescribe Oral-B Sensetive or Sensodyne-F.Without the need to apply the paste should not be, because in some cases they may have the opposite effect.Brushing teeth in this case it is identified with the course of the treatment to be followed as closely as possible.
paste is not the only method of dealing
Pharmacists developed a huge variety of gels and foams, which are struggling with the problem of increased sensitivity.In particularly severe cases, or at the request of the customer can be applied electrophoresis (impact of electric current on the human body).
There are folk remedies.Especially good effect tea tree oil - three drops in a glass of water.Rinsing should be carried out at least 1-2 times a day (it is possible to combine with brushing).