Many have laptops that are used for work and for fun.However, the pleasure of watching a movie on the TV much more than from watching the same movie, but on a relatively small screen of the laptop.If you want to watch movies, show photos, display presentations from your laptop to your big screen TV or plasma - surely there is a way to create a connection laptop to your TV.
There is a certain category of people who believe that nothing is impossible, and to realize their aspirations need only desire and a little effort.Let's look at whether there is a chance to realize our desire - to connect a laptop to the TV.
to start pay attention to the TV.Do you have this device potential for future miracle (meaning connecting the laptop to the TV) or we console ourselves unfulfilled dreams?Upon closer examination, the back and front of the TV, we find a set of connectors.We are interested in those who are responsible for the input signal.On most TVs have a set of connectors, some of which may come in handy:
- Composite connector, which can be operated with analog video and 2 connectors for analog audio.They are called "tulip".
- In some models meets S-Video - connection that will help display the video on the TV with the laptop.
- Connector SCART - audio and video (both input and output).
- Component input, it is also called RGB (er-ji-bi).This version of the digital video signal transmission, which will be much better to look at the TV.
- In some models, you can find slot VGA (it can still be designated as D-SUB) - it is usually used in computer technology as the standard connector for the monitor.
- And for dessert - the connector HDMI, which is able to work with high-resolution digital video and multi-channel digital audio.
Identification took place.Now pay attention to the second of the hero, or rather in the arsenal of the connectors on the board of the notebook.A standard set of connectors laptop is much poorer than Arsenal TV.Of those that are relevant to our subject, we can mention:
- Connector VGA.
- Connector S-Video (on some models).
- Connector HDMI (select models).
next step - let's look at the laptop to connect to the TV.As the two sets of connectors can be joined into one with the best result?
easiest if the two devices are on the connector HDMI - in this case the question of whether it is possible to connect a laptop to the TV via HDMI, is solved using the corresponding HDMI-cable.Digital output, the numeral inlet losses are practically absent.Tons of fun and little effort.
will look a little worse option if you use a laptop to connect to a TV via VGA.A little worse in terms of picture quality and a little more difficult with sound transmission.However, if the relevant issue is resolved cords.For video - cable VGA-VGA (mom - dad), plus cable for audio (mini-jack on the tulip 2).And all the issues are resolved.
If your TV and the connectors on the laptop has a S-Video, will be able to combine our friends with two cable connectors S-Video.
All other connection options - a kind of compromise, which is highly dependent on the circumstances and the range of adapters in a local supermarket electronics.
Speaking of adapters: If desired, you can find almost any combination of adapters.Shops selling such accessories can satisfy the most capricious client.The only thing I would like to remind - the greater the number of adapters, we use - the worse the result could be the picture quality.
Another embodiment of the compound, which is now rapidly gaining momentum - a wireless connection.The big players are currently producing a real battle for the future buyers:
- Intel has implemented the idea of using technology WiDi.It is based on data transfer via Wi-Fi.
- There is a variant of a connection laptop and a TV with WirelessHD (a new protocol wireless transfer).
- ASUS commercially released a device that uses a standard called WHDI.It consists of a transmitter and receiver device 2 and connects wirelessly.
Each option has its supporters and opponents.The good news is that after a while the battle of giants will end in favor of the buyer.We are on the verge of implementing a new technology solution in which any TV and any laptop will be able to "communicate" with each other without pesky wires and bulky connectors.We only need to wait a bit.