Let myths ambrosia and called food of the gods, which grant them eternal youth, but people, unfortunately, does not apply.At 70 million people on the planet already has an allergy to ragweed.Symptoms of the body's non-specific immune response, but it is very obvious and painful for patients.
Ambrosia - Allergy storm!
Ambrosia - a weed, brought to Europe from North America.It is so well taken root in our temperate climate, which has been actively spreading on fields, pastures, along the roads in large and small cities.This inconspicuous at first sight weeds brings a lot of trouble, and the agricultural sector.It dries the soil, prevents the development of other plants it eats cow, causing the smell and taste of the milk changes for the worse.Legislation welcomes the fight against ambrosia any means.But even greater harm this man brings a weed because its pollen causes severe allergies in both children and adults.
Why ragweed allergy
ragweed pollen is considered one of the most aggressive allergens.After just a couple of grains it is enough to cause allergies, hay fever or asthma.Most worryingly, this weed has a very long flowering period - from July and up to the cold weather.During this period allergies have to look for ways to escape from ragweed by any means, but to hide from her very hard.Each flower plants can allocate up to one billion pollen grains that are spread by the wind to a distance of about 500 km.
like any other hay fever, reaction to ragweed occurs after contact with pollen, which contains a special ingredient - ambrozievuyu acid.Namely, it is a major irritant to the human immune system.Especially pronounced allergic to ragweed have children.Therefore, as far as possible is better to avoid getting close to this plant, and especially the contact with him.You can also get the disease if consumed the milk of animals that ate "food of the gods."Another unpleasant fact is that it is accompanied by allergic to ragweed pollen cross-reaction to wormwood, mother and stepmother, sunflower, and other series. Plants.
mechanism of allergic reactions to ragweed
ragweed allergy refers to a classic of hay fever and belongs to the first type of reactions.That is, there immediately or within a few hours after contact with pollen.Here allergens trigger antibody-reagin IgG and IgE, which combine to mast cells and basophilic leukocytes triggers the release into the blood stream of mediators of inflammation: histamine, serotonin, heparin, prostaglandins and other substances which cause expression of all clinical symptoms of allergy.
Diagnosis of the disease include clinical assessment, identifying cyclical symptoms and laboratory tests.Modern techniques allow easily determine both the latent allergy, and in the acute phase, regardless of receiving antihistamines.Basic research methods:
- Skin tests.
- mucous samples.
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).
- RAST (radioallergosorbent test).
All tests are carried out in specialized medical laboratories and transcript analysis and diagnosis should be entrusted to the allergist.
How are allergic to ragweed
In the middle of the summer people often meet a cold kind.They constantly sneeze, their eyes red and watery and flows like water from the nose - it is nothing like an allergy to ragweed, whose symptoms are so similar to colds.Seasonality of the disease associated with the flowering plants - from the beginning of the second month of summer until the autumn frosts.
basic allergy symptoms:
- edema and nasal congestion;
- clear mucous discharge from the nose;
- itching and swelling in the nose and throat and soft palate;
- sore throat;
- difficulty breathing;
- conjunctivitis (itching, redness, swelling, tearing, photophobia);
- atopic dermatitis on exposed skin (itching, redness and rashes on the skin);
- bronchoconstriction, bronchial asthma;
- general intoxication: fatigue;irritability;depression;sleeplessness;low-grade fever;headache.
Occasionally these symptoms can join laryngitis and sinusitis.For non-specific manifestations of allergy include:
- of the visual and the auditory nerve.
When a person first appears allergic to ragweed, signs speak for themselves.Although some patients take her usual SARS.
If your child has an allergy to ragweed
fairly common ragweed allergy in children.In 50% of cases the disease manifests itself before the age of 15 years.Up to 6 years of age the disease is rarely detected.It usually develops in frequently ill children with low immunity and a tendency to develop allergic reactions who live in ecologically unfavorable areas.It was found that children who are exposed to large animals (cats, dogs, etc.), Often have pollinosis.Excessive hygiene and sterility in the upbringing of the child is also a tendency to allergies.
If the child has developed an allergy to ragweed, the symptoms are the same as in adults.However, children are not yet fully formed by the immune system, so the clinical manifestations are expressed much more brightly, in addition, there is a high risk of asthma or asthma attacks.
as drug to treat allergic to ragweed
Many patients sneeze begins only from the words, "summer", "Ambrosia", "allergy".How to treat hay fever, that was really the result, only an expert can tell.Therapy is prescribed only allergist, depending on the stage of the disease, the patient's age and individual characteristics of the organism.The main areas of treatment are:
- Reception antihistamines, which eliminates the action of inflammatory mediators and thus relieve itching, swelling, redness.Providing sedation, these drugs cause normal nervous system of the patient.By antihistamines include: "Diphenhydramine", "Diazolin" "Fenistil", "Loratadine", "desloratadine", "Levotsiterizin" and so forth.
- hormonal drugs.This treatment is used if the allergy has developed into bronchial asthma or when antihistamines do not help.Acceptance of steroids in the form of nasal sprays and drops helps to relieve swelling, spasm, inflammation, redness and other symptoms of allergies.These medicines include: "Bekonaze", "Rinokort" "Nasonex" and others.
- Alternative methods: acupuncture, immunotherapy, homeopathy.
can take as tablets from an allergy to ragweed, as well as drops in the eyes and nose.
most effective method of treatment is to move to an area where ragweed grows not.
How not to exacerbate the condition?
To prevent the development of an allergic reaction to ragweed, you should try to observe preventive measures:
- Do not go out in the midst of flowering.
- If curtain ventilation window with a damp cloth.
- Put mosquito nets on the windows for added protection.
- use at home and in the car air conditioning.
- wet cleaning the house twice a day.
- change clothes and wash immediately after coming home from the street.
- Wash daily street clothes and dry it indoors only.
- Gargle and nose with saline solution every day.
- Bathe your pets with access to the street.
- vacate the apartment on the carpets, curtains, pillows, etc.
- Avoid stress.
- Visit an allergist.
- Perform prescription.
- Exclude herbal remedies: chamomile, plantain, dandelion, wormwood, a series, yarrow, etc.
Do not eat foods that contain allergens cross:
- products sunflower;
- cumin, ginger and others. Spices;
- fennel, celery and others. Green;
- watermelon, melon;
- drinks with wormwood;
- chocolate and so forth.
also very important to follow a diet that eliminates sharp, smoked, fried and fatty foods.
Folk remedies to combat allergies
Sometimes, when in an unequal struggle with the disease by conventional means wins are allergic to ragweed, folk remedies are the only option.Although doctors often advice and "grandmother recipes" contradict each other.For example: "Take celery juice for half an hour before a meal," or "Baths and infusions of camomile - an excellent remedy for allergies."Also popularly allergy treated with infusions of Viola tricolor, cranberry red, black currant, and others. So, by and large, these methods are unlikely to be able to bring relief to the patient, and especially to cope with allergies.
Very often women in the position of trying to be treated in folk medicine as an allergy to ragweed during pregnancy is virtually impossible to medication, t. To. The majority of drugs in this period of life of women is prohibited.However, self-medication can bring even greater harm.
It is important to recognize the symptoms and see a specialist to get adequate treatment.Completely impossible to cope with allergies, however, prevent its manifestations and to reduce the intensity of symptoms - it is quite feasible task.