«Old age is not a joy" - succinctly and accurately describes the physical and mental condition of an elderly man known to everyone saying.
Old age - the inevitable period of life
It is the unwanted, the predetermined period of the nature of life, causing fear and powerlessness in the understanding of the inevitability of the onset of the final phase of life.
Everyone is trying by all means to delay the arrival of old age, taking part (to the best of force) in public and home affairs, drawing the fruits of their own labors and achievements, enjoying the success of their children and grandchildren.Unfortunately, the young soul is powerless before the inevitable decay of the body.Accumulated over the years a variety of ailments, which at the time many waved and which treat serious, manifest themselves in the twilight of his life, appearing en masse at the same time.
Old age - a powerful battery of diseases
In some cases, a helplessness, moodiness, irritability, forgetfulness, touchiness, mood swings are attached and specific conditions: Alzheimer's disease and dementia (decline in intelligence, senile dementia), significantly complicating life as to the patientand the people around him.Dementia in most cases occurs in the elderly, to cross the threshold of the 80th anniversary.People with this disease to forget the names of loved ones, do not recognize them, losing orientation in time and space, the ability to dress themselves, take medication, prepare food, watch out for personal hygiene;they often inherent senseless behavior, aimless walking.
Caring for the elderly - an important factor needed in his declining years
elderly person in need of care are often not aware of the absurdity of his behavior, so is not able to adequately assess the situation.The disease progresses and makes him helpless and totally dependent on others.In this situation, care for the elderly over 80 years rests on the shoulders of friends and relatives, whose task is to quality and constant concern.Tolerance and proper time - important priorities for human values, the ground state which becomes helpless.
How to arrange proper care for an older person
Organization of care for older people requires compliance with a number of recommendations below.
- required to reside in the sight of an old man, so he did not feel abandoned and did not feel negative emotions.Strongly recommended to approach from behind, so as not to scare.An important factor is communication, distracting from the self-isolation of the elderly man and an oppressed state.
- friendly face, friendly and sincere smile, a call to the man by name, constant care and guardianship - those components on which the care for the elderly over 80 years.
- If an elderly person has problems with memory, hard to recognize loved ones, forgetting their names, do not unnecessarily strain his attention.In such cases, refer to the elderly lady is not interrogative, and approval - affirmative.For example, instead vypytyvaniya answer to the question: "Who came to you?" To help remember the name of the visitor, it is better to say, "To you came to your grandson, Sergei," or "I am your son, Alex."An elderly person needs demonstrate the actions that he should make;for example, to show the process of combing hair, dialing a phone number, the inclusion - off the TV.
If an elderly person is able to read books or newspapers, play board games, you should use it.It is necessary to conduct talks on topics close to the patient, interested him in the active period of life.It may be the talk of paintings exhibitions, theater productions, sporting events, science news.Preferably, reading aloud, view family photo albums, various illustrations.
undesirable to visit an elderly relative in droves, because the patient has difficulty with retention of the field of view of several objects or people will quickly get tired.Appropriate to the maximum will be a visit of 2-3 people.If signs of fatigue have to interrupt the visit, citing clear care for an elderly person cause: a visit to the doctor or the fact that you want to take the child out of kindergarten.
Medical care for an older person
Modern medicine can not effectively cure constantly progressing dementia in old age.Medications are only able to reduce or weaken the individual manifestations of the disease, to suspend its development and postpone the final period.Therefore, of particular importance is a daily and a full medical care for the elderly, whose main tasks are:
- Security elderly man , because the most serious manifestation of age-related changes in the psyche is the loss of their orientation in space and time.The cause of home accidents in old age are problems with the musculoskeletal system, reduced vision and hearing.Environment he perceives distorted and often can not properly assess their own actions, can be dangerous (falling outside and inside the premises, forgetting to take terrain and road home, street injury in an unconscious violation, burned with hot water when bathing, poisoning under the mistaken usedrugs, contact with the flame of a burning object).It is recommended to purchase a cane to help move, remove from the field of view of an old man distressed items, medicines and put in inaccessible place in order to avoid poisoning or decomposed into separate boxes and sign the reception of each.Make sure that the pensioner did not go out on the balcony, accompanied him when leaving the house.The situation inside the rooms to change undesirable on the floor should not be subject, on which you can stumble and fall.With the patient in an easily accessible location (patch firmly attached business card, bracelet, locket identification) data must always be to his name, last name, home address, phone close.
- Nutrition .With age, the body's metabolism slows down, so it is cut in the diet of an old man fat and carbohydrates, as well as their consumption of salt.To prevent constipation is required to use products with a high content of fiber: fruit drinks, juices, fruits and vegetables.When eating, representing patient complexity, need help (a reminder of the right food, eating utensils, feeding with a spoon).The desire of the patient to eat on their own, even if he admits negligence and error, you only need to encourage.
- personal hygiene .The patient previously physically active and clean person, in his declining years may be sloppy, apathetic, forget how to use a toothbrush, toilet, washroom facilities.Chronic insomnia, negative impact on the general state of health - another negative component of old age.For its prevention requires timely ventilate the bedroom, do not expose the stress of an old man.On prescription sedatives can be used drugs.
Care bedridden patients
Care bedridden elderly is particularly difficult.You can wash with a damp towel to wash your hair use a dry shampoo, completely eliminates the use of water and good clean hair.Hair is required every day to comb;long tresses preferably shortened to avoid tangling.
Care incapacitated elderly often complicated mastered their natural needs.If the patient can remain seated at least 5 - 10 minutes and feel the urge, then the bed can put a composting toilet and planted it on demand.At night you can wear a diaper.If a person is completely unable to sit, do not feel the urge, if you want to use adult diapers.
One danger is pressure sores, and the older the person, the faster they appear.The main objective in the care of bedridden patients is to prevent their formation, early detection and treatment at an early stage.The first sign of bedsores - the appearance on the skin of red spots in the center of which soon formed a kind of "wet corn".These pockets should be treated with a mixture of shampoo and vodka at a ratio of 1: 1, then the salve wound-healing action.Begun bedsores develop quickly, so the patient should be examined as often as possible (at least twice a day), paying special attention to the area of the blades, sacrum, knees, elbows and hips.Care for the elderly over 80 years requires the prevention of pressure ulcers: the patient need to flip to the other side every 2-3 hours and change the posture of his body.Once a day is required to do a full body massage, during which you can use the manual electric massager.Also helping anti-bedsore mattresses sold in medical supply stores or on the Internet.
Registration care of the elderly man
Very often care for the elderly for various reasons may be foreign to him persons.Making care of an older person can be accomplished in several ways:
- Making a will (or contract of donation) for the benefit of persons engaged in caring for a pensioner.
- conclusion of a contract for life content - the most compromise solution between the two parties.Under this agreement, the property owned by the pensioner, change to lifelong care for the elderly over 80 years in favor of the people providing such care.