After graduation, the graduates raises a very important question of choosing the future path in life: whether to go to work in their specialty, choose another profession, to get a second degree or realize itself in science.The latter path is selected, usually one.Admission to graduate school - a crucial step, indicating a willingness to give his life to science.Moreover, in our country, virtually free!Since fellowships without experience is not much different from the student scholarships, and science requires sacrifice.Material.And sometimes quite substantial.Financing of almost all universities in the country leaves much to be desired.Often, however, this fact does not stop wanting to create a career in science.What motivates these people?Who needs to graduate school and why?
- People who dream of being useful to his country, to society, to make a breakthrough in domestic science.For such people, there is simply no other way!However, they need to be prepared for the fact that all their efforts may go unnoticed and more - worthless.In our country.
- If you have a childhood dream to teach at a university, graduate school is created for you.But be prepared for the difficulties: it is not so easy to get a PhD, and even harder to get a place of associate professor at the department.Strive to this while still a graduate student, Ask hours, an assistant of the department, senior researcher.
- If you plan to get a PhD, and then leave the territory of our homeland and work abroad.In this case, take care of that in the intended country have been waiting for: to participate in international conferences and internship programs of scientific personnel abroad, etc.
- If you were in love with student life, you absolutely do not want to leave have already become native walls of the university, and the work is not very suitable, you can also try to attend graduate school.But be prepared for the difficulties: graduate school is fundamentally different from the students - are required to show devotion to science and the chosen topic of research that takes a lot of time, energy and finance.
- If you really do not want the army and graduate school - the only chance to avoid it!You are, in principle, achieve goals, but, are you sure that the best postgraduate army?
Admission to graduate school are less stringent than it seems the bulk of graduates:
- You have the right to do, if you have a degree in a chosen specialty and some success in it.
- you will need to have an interview with the prospective supervisor and enlist its support.
- pass an entrance exam.There are three: the chosen specialty, philosophy and foreign language.Have
- scientific publications within your industry (in their absence - abstract).
- have with you copies of your documents and photos.And also medical health certificate.
In fact, if you have an agreement with the supervisor, everything else is just a formality.
exams to graduate school present no difficulty: you give your specialty (which theoretically perfectly understand), foreign language (you are planning to take part in international conferences and the need to adequately represent them Motherland) and philosophy (as a true scientist can not be a philosopher at heart).After 3 years of study (full-time) or 4 (in absentia), you still have time to hand over all the same examinations on approximately the same program, and therefore not in a hurry to throw out didactic materials and cribs!
graduate school - an important decision in my life, but because, before taking it, think again about how you sure that you want to put your life on the altar of science.