We are all aware of how important it is to know what medicine to use to relieve the symptoms of a disease.But not only this fact has a significant meaning in the treatment of various ailments.How to find out the exact dosage of medicine?That is the main question that not everyone knows the exact answer.This is very important because, for example, the child's body can not adequately respond to the excessive intake of a drug.
What is the dosage of the drug?
First of all, you must understand what the medication.These are drugs that a person applying for the prevention and treatment of various diseases.Depending on the purpose of the drug, it may be obtained from tissues and organs of human and animal, vegetable and mineral.
It contributes to a better assimilation of it in the human body.Drugs produced in various forms: tablets, syrups, tinctures, solutions, and other options.There are several types of drugs: General purpose (disease treated daily, for example, viruses and the common cold), strong (us
Each drug has always attached guide, which clearly indicated the dose of the drug, the reception of which you want to start.Of course, sometimes experienced doctors write a prescription medication use, different from its instructions.And it is quite possible situation, because the doctor knows better than the symptoms of your disease, your weight and age and, hence, more accurately prescribe a treatment.
terms used when installing the drug dose of any drug
dosage of the drug - it is, in fact, the purpose of the established amount (dose, in the case of tablets, syrups, tinctures, etc.) or the rightconcentration (when we talk about inhalation, ie the possibility to mix the medicine with a specific solution).
doctors most often indicate the unit portion of the drug in grams or milligrams (micrograms, etc.).If you do not know how to find out the exact dosage of medicine should pay attention to the following concepts:
- course dose: the amount of medication that must be taken within a certain time to get rid of all the symptoms of the disease (for example, the rate is usually 3,5, 10, 14, 21 days or a few months - it all depends on the drug).This is very important when taking antibiotics, since failure to comply with the exchange rate at a dose of their use leads to the fact that the human body develops immunity to it, and no benefit in the treatment, they will not do;
- therapeutic dose, iethe amount of drug that, according to the doctor, will lead to a full recovery of the patient;
- daily dose - the amount of the drug that you should consume during the day (24 hours);
- single dose: the amount of therapeutic substance which the patient to drink at one time.
It is important to note that there are concepts of higher and higher doses of a single daily dose, which after administration in humans will not have adverse effects.The following therapeutic doses of drugs:
- maximum: the body can have an irreversible adverse impact that will eventually lead to death;
- mean: the difference between the maximum and minimum;
- minimum: a dose lower than normal, which will not have any effect on the disease.
How to measure the dose of a drug?
Often people wonder about how to calculate the dosage of the drug, with handy handy tools (spoons, measuring cup).There are generally accepted measures the volume of liquid that can be used in this case:
- 1 Faceted glass - 200 ml (includes 40 teaspoons, 20 dessert spoons, 16 tablespoons);
- 1 tbsp- 15 ml (includes 3 tsp);
- 1 dessert spoon - 10 ml (includes 2 tsp);
- 1 tsp- 5 ml (smallest dimensional dose).
dose medicines can be properly calculated using the tools that come in a set of drugs, for example: measuring cups, syringes dispensers, pipettes, dispensers, dosing spoon.
They can easily measure the required liquid medicine or pour the desired therapeutic powder.Such dispensers are commonly used in the home for self-treatment.Typically, they are able to measure the therapeutic agent in a liquid form in the range from 2.5 ml to 60 ml.Of course, in the hospital more convenient is the use of drugs in other forms (e.g., liquid - through IV), i.e.where doctors can easily keep track of the rate of drug administration, its absorption by the body of the patient, and, of course, the effect of the appropriate treatment.
How much of the drug is included in the solution or tincture?
To answer the seemingly simple question of how to find out the exact dosage of medication, it is necessary to do the following calculation:
- often liquid medications taken to make using an ordinary teaspoon, the volume of which, as mentioned above, is 5ml.For example, your doctor prescribes a medicine in the form of syrup.On its packaging indicated the following relationship, which sometimes brings all into confusion: 15 mg / 5 ml.It's simple: it means that 1 tspdrug would contain 15 mg of this syrup.If a single dose of medication specifically for you is 45 mg, it means that you have to drink to welcome 3 1 tspsyrup.
- Occasionally, manufacturers specify, as the main active ingredient of a liquid medicine contained in the entire volume, for example, a syrup.For instance, the package indicates that the active substance is 60 mg and the amount of the total solution to 120 ml.We consider how much it will be contained in 1 ml of 60 mg / 120 ml = 0.5 mg / 1 ml.And if 1 tspIt contains 5 ml: 5 ml x 0.5 mg / mL = 2.5 mg active substance 1 tspOn this basis, we expect a daily dose of his own medicine.
- It happens that on the packaging of the drug indicate the ratio of active ingredient to 100 mg or 100 ml.Count is all that is needed, as stated above.
What affects the dose of medication?
Table dosage drugs (i.e., all information about the dose of the drug) typically includes the patient's age, weight, sex of occasionally.
Home, competent expert, to consider all the factors influencing the reception of a drug:
- age and sex of the patient;
- presence or absence of a chronic disease;
- receiving or not receiving other drugs, along with the appointed agent;
- severity and duration of illness.
Anyone will understand that a person with low weight requires a smaller dose of the drug compared to a man of great capacity.Or, for example, the male specific metabolism, therefore for their dose is usually larger than for women.That is why the instructions to the drug indicate the average therapeutic dose to physician he was able to determine the required amount of the drug specifically for you.
Calculation of dose of the drug for children
dosage of drugs in pediatrics - quite a controversial issue.Some doctors recommend it to rely on the basis of the same drug dose for an adult.But many do not trust the system, because the weight of a child much less an adult, and their metabolism is much faster.Doctors say that the growing body is more sensitive to all sorts of drugs.For example, children are not characteristic of alcohol, drugs, nicotine, that is often included in the medicines.Yes, and their negative impact is most noticeable on a small body.Therefore, the dosage of medicines for children is calculated based on the mass of the baby's body (1 kg) of body surface area (1 m), the number of years of his life.
also need to understand that the response to the same drug in different children can be quite unequal.It all depends on the child's genetic predisposition to the disease, the presence of his chronic diseases and more.Often efficacy is regulated by decreasing or increasing the dose.Inexperienced parents is important to know that the method of administration (orally, rectally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intravenously) also has a direct impact on efficiency.A portion of any drug for children is usually calculated in two specific ways:
- based on the weight of the child: per 1 kg;
- based on the child's age: the age specified (up to a year, or after a cure is possible to give your child).
If you are using drugs that are available for adults, it is based on the child's need to comply with the dose, which are presented in summary form.Table dosage drugs:
|Age of Children||share drugs with respect to the adult dose|
|up to 6 months.||1/10 - 1/8|
|6 months.- 12 months.||1/8 - 1/7|
|12 months.- 24 months.||1/7 - 1/6|
|24 months.3 years||1/6 - 1/5|
|3-4 years||1/5 - 1/4|
|4-6 years||1/4 - 1/3|
|6-8 years||1/3 - 1/2|
|8-10 years||1/2 - 3/4|
|10-14 years||3/4 - 5/6|
|14-18 years||5/6 - 1|
course, the best in the treatment of the child to use drugs, produced specifically for young children.Firstly, manufacturers, producing precisely these medicines comply with much more quality requirements.Second, select and make a correct dose of the drug, for example, from a similar tablets for an adult is very difficult.Sometimes the active ingredient there is more than is actually necessary for the child to treat the disease.
calculation of drug dose for adults
In principle, medicines for adults must be taken on the basis of the instructions that are attached to them.The main thing with this - to observe the following rules and not deviate from them:
- carefully follow the doctor's prescription, are not self-medicate;
- fundamentally important to correctly calculate a single, daily dose and course of any drug, based on the weight and sex of an adult;
- buy medicines only in the audited locations, not to buy a fake.
Remember that any drug - is, above all, a chemical compound that can bring to your health not only benefits in the form of recovery, but also cause significant damage if misused his hand.
recipe included with this drug: whether it is necessary?
How to find out the exact dosage of the drug, using it for the first time?This will help you exactly the recipe, which is usually attached to each drug.There, in addition to therapeutic properties of the drug, contains the single, daily dose, and the dose rate of the drug.Proper medication affects the duration and efficiency of the recovery of the patient.It is important to know that doctors sometimes underestimate the directional dose of a drug.Upon detection of such discrepancies in the appointment of the expert and the recipe attached to the drug should ask the corresponding question him.Because drugs often dose depends on the weight of the person, he presence of chronic diseases, age, etc.And the task of the doctor in this case - to properly adjust it.
Nebulizer and doses of drugs to him
It is known that scientific progress does not stand still, and more recently became known to a wonderful device for the treatment of diseases of the nasal cavity and throat in children and adults - nebulizer.
As noted by the patients themselves, the results of treatment of this unit is just wonderful: First, you need much less time to finally get rid of the symptoms of the disease;Secondly, do you spend on the treatment process much less cash.
Just remember to engage in self-medicate, and here it is not necessary, medication and dosage for the nebulizer should appoint an experienced doctor.Its meaning is the following: you are in a special container pour the necessary preparation by mixing it in certain proportions with brine, and breathe the steam formed (which is generated by the compressor or ultrasound).Thus the drug is distributed over the throat or nasal cavity and has a positive effect on their treatment.It is important to know the medications and dosages for a nebulizer, which are used in modern devices:
- sodium chloride (used only solvent medication);
- solution "Flomax" (dilates the bronchi);
- suspension "Pulmicort" (dries the nasal mucosa with a strong head cold);
- alcohol solution hlorfillipta: relieves cough and phlegm displays.
drugs used in modern nebulizers, very much.It is important to understand what dosage of drugs for inhalation is necessary in a particular case.
drug overdose - it is dangerous to live there?
It should be noted that such situations occur frequently in everyday life.People who do not read the instructions, take, as it seems, the normal amount of a drug.They immediately experience the following symptoms: nausea, dizziness, headache, fatigue, involuntary muscle contractions.
All this can lead to death.To remedy this situation in the short term, urgent need to induce vomiting, gastric lavage and the patient to seek help in a medical institution.While you're waiting for an ambulance, drink strong black tea, not milk, it can cause even more powerful effect of intoxication.To avoid such situations, you need to understand what the dosage of drugs, and it is mandatory to comply.
important to realize that using a particular medication you use certain chemicals that in addition to the use can cause significant harm.Since even a minimum of overdose they turn into poison, which can lead to disastrous consequences.This is especially true of young patients, for whose lives are responsible primarily their parents.Therefore it is necessary before taking a particular drug (especially when children are involved) consult your doctor to calculate the correct dose of it and in any case not to deviate from this value.