Like mushrooms after rain in many cities around the world began to grow immense skyscrapers, which are bright design decisions, which are organically combined concrete and glass.Namely building materials, as demanded at present, it produces silicate industry.These include brick and block.Apart from these, this sector of the economy produces glass and ceramic products.
silicate industry - an activity in which the silicon-containing compounds are processed (mainly sand and clay).Moreover, their manufacture is based on the use of silicate compounds, alloys polysilicates and aluminosilicates.It is this industry is a major in the manufacture of household items and tableware in particular.Since ancient times, it was the basis of ceramic utensils of comfort at home.This trend continued today.Thus widespread utensils not only of clay, and porcelain, which is considered the noble view ceramics.
addition to the production of ceramic products for the table and for the interior decorations, silicate industry manufactures flooring, tiles, drainage pipes, using connections with different clay minerals.Distributed compound with soda, magnesium, calcium, aluminum.
Thus, depending on the properties and quality characteristics, all ceramic products can be divided into three types:
- refractory ceramics - material the use of which involves contact with high temperatures (bricks and blocks for furnaces and fireplaces);
- ceramics, do not change the quality and properties under the influence of chemicals;
- fine ceramics, which includes utensils and household items made of porcelain and earthenware.
Another very demanded material that it produces silicate industry - glass.The main element for the production of raw material is quartz sand.Depending on the desired result, is added thereto various mixtures: ash, limestone, soda ash, lead oxide, chromium oxide, cobalt oxide, copper oxide, manganese compounds, etc.Currently, there is a huge variety of species of this material.
Silicate industry produces the following types of glass:
- glass - used in aircraft and automotive industries;
- crystal glass - used to make a variety of lenses, as well as decorative tableware, chandeliers;
- fiberglass - a mixture of glass and plastic (the material is widely used in shipbuilding, aviation and automotive industries);
- stained glass - is the main raw material for the production of colored glassware, stained glass, etc;
- Chemical glass - is characterized by high refractoriness, which is characteristic of a priority for the chemical industry;
- ordinary glass - is the material for the manufacture of window glass, cans, bottles, glasses, etc .;
- quartz - the most clear glass, does not contain any impurities (the kind used in laboratories, mercury lamps).
silicate industry is a sector of the economy, its weight in the development of all other sectors is very large.