Have you afraid of anything in his early childhood, say, dark, Baba Yaga, aliens, or a policeman?It was the case?And now?Can you name at least a few things that frighten you so that the resulting fear prevents quietly enjoy life?
example, about myself I can say with absolute certainty: I am very uncomfortable when I was quite close to the distance the dog suddenly arises.And by the way, no matter big or small, domestic or stray.In addition, at the sight of a spider on a body shiver runs.But I still learned to control their emotions.
But there are people who just do not know how to get rid of phobias, and are therefore forced to live with her.What kind of life is like?It reminds she episode from a horror movie or a prolonged nightmare?
1. Phobias: what is it?
In psychiatry, namely the science and is studying various types of phobias, to classify this condition as uncontrolled and excessive fear of an increased response to a specific stimulus.This kind of fear does not give any logical explanation and is exacerbated in certain situations where a person tries unconsciously or consciously avoided.For example, suffering herpetophobia, or simply people who are afraid of snakes, prefer as little as possible to be in the woods.A claustrophobic patients virtually never use the elevator because they feel very uncomfortable in a closed room.
However, experts do not recommend to call any strong fear phobia.In order to identify this type of disorder a person must be in an institution to pass a special test anxiety.
2. Types of phobias
Perhaps all human phobia can be divided into two main types: common and very unusual.
For frequent include:
- social phobia, which implies a fear of any kind of social action.Its common types are anthropophobia (fear of strangers) and peyrafobiya (fear of the exam, or a speech);
- acrophobia (fear of heights);
- verminofobiyu (panic before the chance of contracting some dangerous disease);
- zoophobia (fear, the subject at the sight of a single, particular species);
- claustrophobia (discomfort caused by confined spaces or rooms);
- niktofobiyu - fear that affects mainly children who are afraid of the dark.Although suffering niktofobiey and some adults, including well-known.For example, Jennifer Lopez, Keanu Reeves, Anna Semenovich;
- fear of flying or pteromerhanofobiyu.
Sometimes I have to meet an article entitled "The most ridiculous phobia."Honestly, I never knew this could be fun in the psychological suffering of another person.What I am here to laugh?Unusual human phobia, say, fear of sharp objects (aichmophobia) gravidofobiya (fear of meeting with pregnant) koulofobiya (horror at the sight of clowns), and others are quite rare, but nevertheless they exist.
3. Phobias person - can get rid of them
Psychiatrists in one voice say that at an early stage to get rid of this problem can be their own.In this case, professional help and do not need.And just in time, when the fear of something entrenched in the psyche and will start to grow significantly, a person can diagnose "panic" disorder.
phobia can be safely attributed to the category of acquired or so-called "learned" fear.Why is that?Imagine a very small child.He was born completely fearless, he is careful not to say, fire or depth, is not afraid to stumble, fall or get hurt.All of this occurs later, and with fears really useful to help prevent trouble in the future, bought and useless, which can then intensify and become a real phobia.
Here there is quite a logical question: "If you can learn to be afraid of, it means you can just learn how not to be afraid of?" The answer, it sounds very optimistic, "Well, of course you can!" However, to achieve this, you will needto make some effort and spend a certain amount of time.
According to experts, phobias in the world is subject to a total of about 10 million people.But in order to get rid of fear, you must adhere to the following rules:
- establish the exact cause of your fear;
- never focus on the sensations of the subjects;
- try to block your own positive associations.For example, if you are afraid of dogs, cuddle neighbor's puppy, feed with a hand print on a walk;
- allow yourself to be afraid.Perhaps it is this item and may be considered the most important.Recognize that you can be at times scary, because the fear - it is quite a normal reaction of any living creature in response to danger.
If you carefully adhere to the above rules, then after some time, found that the intensity of fear greatly diminished.