use of computers at work, school and everyday life forces people to acquire new knowledge and skills during their operation.Many users of the Windows operating system from Microsoft faced a number of challenges associated with integrated peripherals and PC / Laptop.It happens that some of the devices simply "fallen off" and refuses to work, or when you connect a new device to your computer via USB or any other ports, it is not recognized by the computer and is not working.Also, many users face such a reality that the installation of the operating system on the computer - it is only half the battle, but also need to put drivers.To understand all this, you need to understand what the Device Manager in the "Vindovs" 7 or 8 and what it's for.This knowledge will enable ourselves to find the problem and solve it selectively and punctually.Before you learn how to go to the Device Manager, you need to understand in more detail what it is.
What is Device Manager
This is a list of all the devices installed in the computer indicating the resources allocated to them.
What is the Device Manager in the "Vindovs" 7, 8, or XP?And he needed to let you see the entire list of equipment connected to the computer and make your adjustments.
Depending on the version of the operating system interface of these applications is a little different, but basically as follows:
- opens a small window that can be deployed.
- The upper part is the menu bar and additional function keys, such as: forward / backward, left to hide the console, export the device list, help, and hiding the panel on the right.
- In the left pane list of standard tools to administer the operating system.
- The main window displays the computer name and a hierarchical list displays the devices themselves.
- said device may be a hard disk drive for drive, video card, sound card, network card, mouse, keyboard, gaming devices, web cameras, printers and scanners, external storage device (external hard drive or flash memory), the otherdevice.
- When several such devices, they are grouped and displayed as an icon with a folded content.
- When selecting any hardware icon in the list of additional buttons appear under the menu button "Search Device Plug and Play" (or update the hardware configuration).
open Device Manager in the "Vindovs" 7, 8, or XP, the user can configure the equipment chosen.To do this, double-click the left mouse button on the device in the list.Next, open the window, you can change the following settings for the item:
- Update Driver.
- Driver Rollback to an earlier version.
- Remove the driver (and the device itself).
- Or simply turn off the device.
also in the open dialog box, you can view information about the necessary equipment, including ID number, driver version and firmware release date, manufacturer and so on.
How to open Device Manager
How to go to the Device Manager?It's very simple.To do this, go to control panel and a display element with a small icon to open the "Administration" section.In the dialog box to find the item "Computer Management".Then in the window that appears on the left pane to find and click once on the "Device Manager."
is also possible to reduce the number of actions.To do this, the icon "My Computer" (on the desktop), click once right mouse button and select "Control", which will open a window of the above mentioned "Computer Management".Well, then how in the first embodiment.
Windows Device Manager 7
Device Manager "Vindovs" 7 does not have any significant differences from the other versions of this family, starting with Windows XP and higher.Therefore, the above description is the same.
If necessary, the Task Manager, the user can disable the device or change his driver both automatically and manually with a specific settings file.
Device Manager 7 "windose" - a very important and necessary element to control and configure the entire system of the computer's hardware.
Windows Device Manager 8
With the advent of the new operating system from the American firm Microsoft - Windows 8 - to add new features and disappeared unnecessary old system interface has also changed.It is noteworthy that the Device Manager of Windows 8 has not changed and has for the most part are the same functions as in the aforementioned Windows 7.
What if does not start
in a good mood all the operating system running quickly and smoothly.But what to do if Device Manager does not display?The causes and ways of their solutions may be:
- Limitation of rights account Windows.In this case, the system administrator technician computer specifically restricted access, the user could not change myself.Usually accompanied by a pop-up information about accessing the system administrator of the device.So it should be done.
- operating system has been attacked by malware and was damaged element responsible for the work of the Task Manager.It will restore the system to an earlier checkpoint or the manual restoration of the structure elements of the system (only for experienced users who know how to work with the registry).
- Temporary failure of one of the services of Windows.It is treated by rebooting the computer.
- using a pirated version of the operating system, the user must be prepared for the fact that an element such as the Task Manager can be removed initially, so it's best to use the license.
Device Manager of Windows 8, 7 or XP allows you to see and understand how the device works, how disabled and for which no driver is installed.
If the list of devices present inscription "Unknown device" and the icon has a yellow exclamation mark, then the equipment necessary to install the driver.To understand what kind of device you need in the "Details" to find the identification number of the device, and it will search for information on the Internet.After learning what the device is, you need to download and install a driver for it from the official website or install from the disc.
If the icon is gray, and the device has a down arrow icon, then the element is turned off and can be operated manually.If the device has a conventional icon without additional characters, then it works and fulfills its function.