almost the whole history of humanity can be studied through a variety of extant historical sources.The ruins of the ancient majestic architectural structures, painted cave walls, various letters and parchments - all this is the material with which we can study the history of human development even further.All these monuments are different kinds of historical sources, on which we study history.In view of the extreme variety of historical materials they are logically divided and classified.
following types of historical sources: physical, verbal, ethnographic, linguistic, writing.The newest type - digital.
Real kinds of historical sources studied mainly in archeology.The basic material of study are tools, various weapons, coins, utensils, clothing, construction.
Oral - these are stories, tales, legends and fairy tales.All that the people passed down from generation to generation.
ethnographic sources are, giving an idea of the life of peoples, their origin, development.
linguistic sources allow us to understand and monitor the processes and changes occurring in the languages of the world, their transformation, merger.Like the previous version, they are focused on a specific territory.
written sources on the history of the industry are studied such disciplines as a source, paleography, epigraphy, diplomatics, heraldry, sphragistics and others.
ancient written sources are usually divided into several types:
1. The historical annals and chronicles - they usually describes the main events in the life of the people or the state.
2. Instruments and documents - various business papers.
3. Sources of legislation - this includes various laws, presidential decrees, laws change.
4. The diplomatic documents - and the signing of an agreement between states, foreign policy declarations, conventions, and other notes.
5. Memoirs, autobiographies, diaries and letters, which you can explore personal contemporary subjective perceptions of a particular era.
6. Artistic and figurative.They reflect an era in concrete artistic images embodied in architectural monuments, as well as painting, sculpture and applied arts.
There are other kinds of historical sources.One of the most interesting is their division into intentional and unintentional.It is intentional everything that was created and written with the expectation that the materials will be studied in the future descendants.Plus is a chronology of events in such sources.It is involuntary everything that was not meant to study in the future.This type includes business correspondence.
Thus, the classification of historical sources allows more productively and constructively to begin the study of history on the basis of the past.