social institutions in most cases is understood as a stable form of social organization, due to the presence of valuable normative roles, the main purpose of which - the guaranteed realization of social needs.Simply put, social institutions regulate certain relations within the group to improve its overall functionality and meet the needs of each member.Currently, most sociologists call 5 fundamental types of social institutions, among them:
entry rights in each of the social institutions imposes certain obligations on it and is accompanied by the emergence of needs peculiar to a particular institution.
family - a classic example of a social institution, with all the proper components.Stand function, needs, goals and stages of development of the family.This article will be considered in more detail the functions of the family as a social institution.
institution of the family and its functions
family as a social institution has a number of functional features to be considered in detail.
- Reproductive .The main function of the family, personally satisfying the desire and the need to have children in the public - the need for society to continue the species.
- Educational. Within the family is laid and the identity of the person is brought up, a future member of society.Function successful family directly affects the formation of mature and responsible person.
- HOUSEHOLD function involves care (first material) and care for family members who are unable to because of their age to take care of themselves.It is about providing shelter, food, etc.
- social control. essence of this function is that the family is responsible for the behavior of each of its members in the community, for the observance of their moral norms and adherence values.
- sexual-erotic function of the family is to meet the individual needs for intimacy and sex, at the same time realized the need of society to biological reproduction.
- function of spiritual communion. meet the needs of each family member in close communion and spiritual development.
- Emotional: desire to take your family, psychological support and protection.
Over time, the functions of the family have a tendency to change, abolish or expand due to the appearance of new ones.It is not just about the functions within the family unit, but also the functions of the family as an abstract concept: increased tolerance to violation of certain social roles, while others are becoming increasingly effective.Some functions of the family fade into the background, others are more important.Perhaps, in today's society, as in the past, one of the functions of the family is the prerogative educational and emotional .Undoubtedly, the role of the family in shaping a child's personality - one of the dominant, due to the fact that most of the communicative interaction skills, habits, behavior and responses are placed in the framework of family relationships that parents impose on a huge responsibility for the development of a full and adequate rights.
family contribution in shaping the personality
family functions, being to a large extent a model of healthy family relationships, reflect and contain in themselves the requirements that may be experiencing each family member.The principles of education, emotional and spiritual contact, lays among the native people, the child learns, guided them further into adulthood.The fact is that young children are most receptive to new information: the habits and behavior of parents and significant adults through imitation assigned to them.Therefore, it is important that adult family members in performing their functions responsibly, aware of the fact that the identity of the child is in their hands.