The birth of the baby - an important process during which a woman should be under the strict supervision of doctors.However, after the birth mother should also not be alone.For the first time, then you may experience a variety of complications, which is easier to prevent than to deal with them later.For some reason there is a temperature after birth and what it may mean - this is what I want to talk now.
What happens after birth
Initially, it should be noted that even if the birth process went well and without complications, that's not a reason to relax.It is also important the first 24 hours after birth, the baby born.At this time, can occur many diverse problems.And one of them - the temperature after birth.Thus, in the first couple of days, doctors are closely monitoring the health of not only the child, but also mothers.Periodically check the level of doctors contractions of the uterus, the condition of the breast, examine and clarify the nature of the discharge.If you have stitches, they are compulsorily treated periodically.And, of course, at least three times a day, giving birth measured body temperature.It's a key indicator that may signal a problem in time.Even the speed and nature of the rise in temperature is already possible to make a preliminary diagnosis.
On the norm and deviations
What is it, the normal temperature after birth?Same as in a healthy person, - 36,6-37 ° C.However, there must also take into account the peculiarities of each individual organism.After all, there are people who have a normal stable temperature of - 37 ° C, and for some it is a serious indicator of problems.
However, a situation where the body temperature may rise, do not always indicate the occurrence of complications:
- If there is a one-time increase in body temperature in the first few hours after birth (but not higher than 37,5 ° C).
- If the temperature rise of about 2-5 days after the birth process (not above 38 ° C).A change of indicators will be linked to problems with breast cancer.If
- be viewed periodic jumps in body temperature (not above 38 ° C) associated with the flow of milk.
In other cases, the temperature after birth can point to various complications.It is worth remembering that the recovery in the postpartum period lasts about 5-8 weeks.Also during this time the young mother must closely monitor changes in indicators of health and body temperature.
Causes mild fever
It sometimes happens that a woman keeps a while after birth temperature 37 ° C.If the lady absolutely nothing hurts, and this state itself does not bring any discomfort, do not worry.After a slight increase in performance may be due to natural causes following:
- hormonal surge that is experiencing the body immediately after birth.
- stress, which often occurs after the experience.
- Arrival breast milk.This process is almost always accompanied by fever, which gradually subsides.
- body temperature rise may also respond to a large fluid loss experienced by a woman during the period after birth.
If the lady had a fever after a certain time after giving birth, it may indicate a disease such as mastitis.This, incidentally, is very common among young mothers.So, it is worth noting that the mastitis - a pathology of the breast tissue.Cause its various germs and bacteria and other pathogens that enter the chest through the cracks in the nipple and are transported through the bloodstream.The main symptoms in this case:
- rate increase in body temperature (up to 38-39 ° C).
- And, of course, pain in the chest.
Also, we must remember that in this case the chest will be a little swollen, the skin may redden.Also violates the normal current milk.To cope with the problem may be with antibiotics, but in some severe cases, surgery may be needed.
complications postpartum women can also cause inflammation of the uterine mucosa.There it is in the case of accumulation of secretions in the body mothers, blockage of a blood clot cervix, delayed particles of the placenta, an exacerbation of the inveterate disease.In this case, the temperature occurs in about 2-4 days after birth, kept near the indicators 39 ° C.This woman also feels the chills, there is a loss of appetite, sleep disturbances are observed.On palpation of the lower abdomen pain is felt.The character selection: they become muddy, smell bad, their number can significantly increase or decrease.The problem can be overcome with antibiotics.Sometimes you need to wash the uterus.
If ladies postpartum fever, it could be evidence of such pathology as lactostasis (affects breast ladies).During her illness occurs stagnation of milk in the breast.Causes of the problem is quite simple: pass one or a couple of feedings.But it lactostasis can also occur if clogged milk ducts, irregular rastsezhivanii, as well as overheating or overcooling chest.The temperatures do not exceed 39 ° C.Symptoms disappear almost immediately after emptying the breast.If this problem is not to fight, it can develop into mastitis.
If a woman keeps the temperature after the birth of 38 ° C, it may indicate one of the following diseases:
- thrombophlebitis .In this case, the woman inflamed vein, which leads to their blockage of thrombi.It is worth noting that this disease provokes metroendometritis described above.Indicators of body temperature can rise in two weeks, a month after the birth of the baby.This phenomenon is accompanied by fever and swelling of the legs.
- Pelveoperitonit .This inflammation in the pelvis of the abdominal wall.The temperature can rise even to 41-42 ° C.Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, severe pain in the uterus, chills.A woman sharply deteriorating.
- Parametritis .It is an inflammation of the uterus around the fat.The temperature can also climb to a level of about 40 ° C.Sometimes chills, nausea, vomiting, pain during defecation and urination.
In any case, we must remember that in case of doubt it is best to immediately seek a doctor's help.After all, if detect the problem before it can be handled in a short time.