Sometimes it flies.In other situations, it stretches unbearably slow and, to the chagrin of many, accelerates with age.Time - the most valuable non-renewable resources, is able to escape.
Why do we perceive over time differently?
1. At the time, our estimates significantly affect psychological factors, including emotions.In one experiment, the researchers asked participants to walk around the room and talk to the other, before the report scientists with whom they had taken part in the next mission.Then, each participant was asked to walk out the door and they informed one of two options: "I'm sorry, but nobody wants to be your partner, you will not be able to participate in the job yourself?" Or "all chose you and now for the sake of justice, you have toto work alone. "After that participants were asked to estimate how much time they spent on the job.
If people think that their loneliness was due to popularity, the time for them is very fast.And those who feel rejected, felt that lasts a long time.
2. Attention and memory also have a strong impact on the perception of time.For example, a new experience, require more mental processing seems to last longer than the known situation.That is why the road to a new location seems longer than the road back.
3. We always appreciate both the current time and the past.Time is distorted when a mismatch occurs.For example, time can last longer during influenza, in particular because it distorts the perception of a fever, and it seems that the minutes stretched into hours.
But the time when you were sick, it seems surprisingly quickly, if you perceive it in the past.The fact is that the monotony is encoded in the brain, as one experience.But the same amount of time spent, for example, in the campaign, will be a lot of memories.
4. Age also affects the perception of the past.Here the effect is triggered proportionality.Year - this is the fifth part of your life when you are 5 years old and it seems that a lot of time.In 50 years, the year represents a much smaller proportion (one-fiftieth) and takes the appropriate amount of time.
5. But the effect is only partially guilty of proportionality.As soon as a man gets older and gains experience, fewer activities are new for him.Since they are lighter and less noticeable, while in the past it seems accelerated.
In this case it is useful to look for new activities, especially on weekends, when it seems that time flies very rapidly.
6. In the minds of most people's future - a spacious place where plenty of time and we are free to manage them.Ask a busy person to allocate 10 minutes to you today, and he will not have time.But if you ask him for an hour or so sometime next year, he was happy to promise to meet you.
7. Experts warn that it is worth to be careful with the language when you are planning any events in the future.For example, if you let that move the meeting on Wednesday ahead of two days, people may perceive it in both directions, both from the beginning and the end of the week.
This is because people have different time imagine.Some people think of time as about what moves them, others present themselves moving through time.The first type of people would assume that the rescheduled meeting on Monday and the last type think that the meeting postponed to Friday.
Articles Source: factroom.ru