Bed linen and underwear after getting wet as a result of hygiene and contamination for different reasons occurs in several ways.First, let's recall that underwear should be no rough seams, fasteners and scars on the side, regarding the patient's body, since they injure the skin.
Changing linen lying at the patient takes every week, while sweating, uncontrolled urination and defecation - often.
Technique change bed clothes
If the patient is assigned bed rest, and with the permission of the doctor he moves, with the participation of the assistant, he can perfectly handle it himself.In the case where the patient is allowed to sit, it is transplanted using a nurse on a chair, and bed linen and underwear comes without much difficulty.
When spreading to exclude the formation of folds and the edges are well stretched to fill the sheets.With abundant secretions from the wound of the patient to be reasonable under the sheet prostelit oilcloth.
If unable to get up and move the patient to have to resort to outside help, and there are some difficulties in the replacement of linen requiring special attention.
to the procedures necessary to prepare for, providing everything you need: a set of clean bedding, a bag for dirty laundry, put on gloves and gown.
preferred if the bed linen and underwear performed by two people.The most commonly used two ways:
• Vertical (with complete immobility of the patient);
• horizontal (if the patient can turn into beds).
prepare everything you need to make contact with the patient, explaining the sequence of operations and obtaining his consent for the next manipulation.You can then begin the procedure.
When you need a change of underwear and bed linen, algorithm of actions for complete immobility of the patient looks like:
1. Change Bedding.
2. Beat the pillow, put off quilt and pillows on a bedside chair.
3. Roll the width of the roller clean sheet.
4. Assistant, lifting, supporting the head and shoulders of the patient.
5. Roll the sheet dirty very quickly to the waist of the patient, and in its place to spread out a net.
6. Stacked pillows, lowered the patient's head.
7. lift the patient's legs and pelvis.
8. Rolled quickly dirty sheets, rolled her place clean.
9. lowers the lower limbs of the patient.
10. pulls carefully cracking at the edges, sheet and tucked under the mattress.
11. Dirty laundry in the bag drop, off the gloves.
12. hide the patient.
If possible, turn the patient in the bed used horizontal way to replace linen, which can start only establish trust contact with sick and placing it to his explanations about the actions made.
How do I change underwear and bed linen?Algorithm of actions will help to avoid mistakes.
1. Prepare everything you need: fresh linen, clean coat, gloves and a container of used clothes.
2. Prepared a clean sheet to roll along the length of the roller, replace the duvet cover.
3. Raise the head of the patient, remove the cushions.
4. Change pillowcases, pillows postpone the chair.
5. Carefully turn the patient on his side, to pull himself on the edge of the bed.
6. Promptly roll dirty, and in its place to spread fresh sheets.
7. The patient gently turn over, putting on a fresh sheet.
8. Close the dirty sheet, and the vacated space to spread the net.
9. Turn the patient on his back.
10. The edges of the sheet stretched to consolidate under the mattress.
11. Dirty laundry to pack into the bag, remove the gloves.
12. Cover the patient with a blanket.
to change underwear and bed linen critically ill patients was successful, you must follow the recommendations.
• Pajamas should be spacious, made of natural materials, easy to absorb moisture and cause irritation.
• To remove the shirt, you need to carefully wrap skirt to the gate, to sum up the patient's arm.He removed his shirt over his head, freeing the hands of the patient.
• Wear should be first on your hands, then throwing down, lowered his shirt on the edge of the body down.
• To replace the trousers need to raise the patient's pelvis and gently pull down the pants, freeing his feet.If there is a closure, the pre unbutton it, but more often in pajamas provided gum, which greatly facilitates the procedure.
to bed linen and underwear was causing minimal inconvenience to the patient, you must:
• Match the size of bedding and mattress.
• Availability of Velcro, elastic bands on the edge of the sheet for better fixation.
• Pillows should not be out of feathers and down, and made of synthetic material (or mikrofaybera syntepon).
• Oilcloth should be soft and washed daily.
• Underwear washed without products containing chlorine, and iron on both sides.
If you follow these guidelines, the patient will be delivered a minimum of inconvenience, which greatly ease his suffering.