According to a recent study, depression in the workplace is not a pile of work, and the chief of the unjust and unfavorable working environment.
Danish scientists came to the conclusion that a lot of work has no impact on whether a worker suffering from depression or not.
Mood employee depends most on its environment and the attitude towards him the manager, says one of the researchers, psychologist Brёdsgord Grinderup Mathias (Matias Brødsgaard Grynderup) from the Department of Clinical Medicine at Aarhus University.
"This implies that the risk of depression in the workplace can not minimize the decrease in the volume of work. This is affected by other factors, and that they should pay attention to in the future", - says Grinderup.
The findings are published in several scientific journals: Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Psychoneuroendocrinology and The Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & amp;Health.
study was conducted among 4,500 community workers in the Danish kindergartens,
addition, the researchers conducted interviews tete-a-tete with the majority of the participants to identify which of them suffer from depression.
They also studied the concentration of cortisol - the hormone responsible for stress - in the saliva samples of participants.
questionnaires helped scientists reveal the attitude of participants in the experiment to its working environment.This refers to the relationship with the chief and how equal treatment in the workplace.
According to the researchers in the study, they found that depression causes people to think about the inability to perform certain tasks, although the depression was not caused by a heavy workload.
Early studies found a relationship between the pressure at work, high cortisol levels and the risk of clinical depression, but a new study found the opposite.
analyzing the link between cortisol levels and the risk of depression, the researchers found that high levels of this hormone is associated with reduced risk of depression.This means that in future it will be possible to use the indicator to measure the risk of developing depression.
How to overcome depression
According to scientists, the best way to prevent the development of depression at work, managing to better analyze how subordinates perceive their surroundings and, if necessary, make the necessary changes.
"I recommend this management style, in which the treatment of all employees at the proper level, and an organizational component is transparent, that controls the maximum share information with their employees," - says Grinderup.
signs of depression
1. Status of depression, melancholy mood
2. Loss of interest to all
3. Loss of pleasure in what used to bring joy
4. Severe mental retardation
5. Severe fatigue.
6. Too negative attitude to oneself
How to get out of depression
1. Love yourself for what you are.Look at yourself in the mirror, remember all his good qualities, and do not forget about them, but forget all the negative.Do this every day.
2. Start helping people, or if you already do, then do more often.Think, there are people who are much less fortunate - the disabled, orphans, and just people who need help.
3. No need to be alone and closed from the outside world.Meet more people, more often meet friends.
4. Can you get a cat or a dog (or other pet) and take care of it, develop it.
5. Make small changes in your life.For example, take a trip somewhere, no matter where in another country or city, or simply choose the recreation center nearby.
6. Try changing wardrobe.Collect all the old things, get rid of them and go shopping.The same method can be applied to power - try to cook new dishes, abandoning the already familiar.
* If none of these methods did not help you, there are always professionals who can help you.You should not hesitate to consult your doctor, as an ordinary person who will try to help you.
Articles Source: infoniac.ru