concept of stress is so firmly established in our lives that we have no idea how to live without him.The author of the term "stress", the American physiologist Walter Bradford Cannon, understood underneath response "fight or flight".The creator of the modern concept of stress, a Canadian physician Hans Selye, studied it for a long time called "adaptation syndrome."At the same time such a phenomenon has been studied by Sigmund Freud in psychoanalysis, in the theory of trauma.But no matter how it is called scientists, we are concerned about: what stress ?!
To cope with something, you need to understand it.What is stress?
Stress - is a non-specific response of the body to the specific condition.In other words, in a variety of shocks, extreme circumstances - the body shows the same types of reactions having certain characteristics.This kind of reaction is called "stress," and calling it a factor called "stressors."
causes and types of stress
Stressors - it is not only the events that are negative.Hans Selye emphasized that a very strong positive developments are to have exactly the same stress as a negative.Besides, stressors - is not only the event, and also our emotional response to them, which can also be positive or negative.(Note that the event is not always a positive nature cause us a positive response and negative - negative).The positive reaction of the body is called "eustress" and "distress" - a negative stress.
If a stressful event happens to us once, unconsciously, we begin to wait for its repetition.This kind of critical psychological state is usually called "anxiety."Permanent anxiety, that is, the constant expectation of stress - one of the reasons that in the end it happens.
Stress or no stress?
Waiting stress often not conscious to, and therefore, if stress is really happens to us, it is often a surprise for us, despite the fact that all this time we unconsciously waited.On the other hand, it is waiting for the stress, we tend to take it for any even slightly atypical condition.How to understand whether what we are experiencing stress, or not?
Psychologists distinguish the following signs of stress:
- the presence of strong or prolonged stress conditions;
- shock reaction to it, which is characterized by shortness of breath, palpitations, sweating and specific response "off" of the brain;
- delayed reaction: the experience of stressful circumstances and related emotions even when event happened long ago;
- increased anxiety;
- the period of mobilization of resources: increased efficiency, state of activity without fatigue, accompanied by the rise of emotional and intellectual;
- following the period of the rise of exhaustion, sleep disturbances and natural rhythms of life, accompanied by a decline in activity and mood.
And if it's still stress?
Here are some simple psychological techniques that help him survive.Recommendations for overcoming stress
1. Say hello to ten people you did not know.With the first counter is not familiar to you people.Say hello and smile at them.
2. Take only what you want, like.At least for a while, but it is always better.Select the time (hours, day, week, or maybe even a month), during which you will only deal with what you want, what you really need, what you like and always work well.
3. Breathe.Pay attention to your breathing.Select, for example, half an hour a day when you are engaged only in that breathe.
4. Relax.Allow yourself to relax.For example, sit in a chair and just sit.Pay special attention to the full relaxation of the facial muscles.Remove frozen "mask."Experience a "muscular armor".Allow yourself to relax, relax, do nothing and nothing to think at least from time to time.
5. Think.Allow yourself to think.Get off the "crazy."That is familiar with you "track" your "distance" exit "prison", "right" thoughts and feelings.Allow yourself to think and feel directly.No matter how absurd, strange, wild, and did not seem wrong to you to your thoughts and feelings.You can write them down.(It really is amazing and a great discovery, as our true thoughts and feelings are usually different from the "regular", "conventional", from "how to correctly think" and "feel that is necessary").
6. Undress.Undress completely, naked.Spend some time so naked, until you feel completely natural and free.(Of course, it is not necessary to undress if you are cold, or if next to you there are people who can hurt your nakedness. Undress only when you are alone, or when assured that the people who are close to you, understand you correctly).
7. Imagine a dream.In any ordinary, boring, repetitive, desperate or catastrophically difficult situation for you - imagine that all that you can only dream of.
8. Buy multiple (ten to twenty) small inexpensive roughly identical objects (eg, calendars, notebook, greeting cards, candies, stones, flowers, igrushechek) and give the people who you like.
9. Positive attitude.
In any case, remember that stress - it's normal, it's part of our everyday experience.What you are experiencing - has survived so many people.And then: "Yes I Can!»
Articles Source: shkolazhizni.ru