Several popular summer beliefs.Which of them is true and what is not?
1. If you wash scratch sea water, it will heal faster (but)
«Scratch heal faster simply because they do not fester.The sea water due to the high content of salt for disinfection superficial lesions of the skin, "- explains dermatologist Scandinavian Health Center Stepan Oganesov.But only if water is clean - on public beaches there are many different microorganisms and scratches here is better not to wash.And with deep cuts, stab wounds and gunshot wounds water treatments are contraindicated in any waters.
Tip: Wash the scratch clean sea water, starts looking for first-aid kits to treat the damaged area of skin antiseptic and seal the plaster.Prompts - in Russia kits traffic rules must be in all cars.
2. Swim in less than half an hour after eating a bad (but)
Gastroenterologist network of clinics "Niarmedik" Anastasia Shikhova advised to refrain from any exercise within an hour after a meal, "Sudden movements can cause reflux - abandonment of undigested foodone digestive tract to another in the opposite direction to the natural, and this can lead not only heartburn, and inflammation. "In water, the risk of reflux increases, since the person is in a horizontal position.
3. Smoke from a fire is harmful to health (myth )
When burning wood emits toxic carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide vapors as well as mutagenic and carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.In addition, particulates in the smoke amount is less than 10 microns, and therefore easily penetrates through the protective system of the lungs alveoli.But drastic harm one or two evenings by the fire will not cause."Noxious compounds in the smoke from burning wood is much less than, for example, in tobacco smoke" - soothes MD, deputy director of the Institute of Pulmonology, Sergey Avdeev.Besides outdoor concentration of these substances in the air are small.
4. If you scratch a mosquito bite, it will itch even more (though)
touch activates the proteins at the site of the bite-messengers of the immune system, and irritation of the skin increases.Tip: Freeze the bite, enclosing a jar of cold cola or an ice cube.Lower temperatures slow chemical reactions in the body and inhibits signaling from irritable skin area to the brain.If itching from the bite can not be tolerated, smazh bitten place alcohol camphor alcohol or camphor ointment.
5. The ear is exposed to water?Tilt the head to the side and jump on the spot (the myth )
«external auditory meatus has a serpentine shape, so the water can get stuck in it," - says audiologist, otolaryngologist Scandinavian Health Center Elena Avdienko.Try to straighten the ear canal (not all of course).Cocking his head, massage the tragus (the small hryaschik before opening the external ear canal) or pull up and back ear, holding the cartilage over the lobe.The main thing - do not overdo it.If you tear off the ear, we realize this is not easy.
6. If, sweating in the heat, drink ice-cold beer, ill with angina (the truth) Because of cold drinks going hypothermia throat and weaken local immunity, but the man then becomes vulnerable to all the microorganisms that cause diseases of the upper respiratory tract,and not only for the specific infection responsible for the sore throat, which occurs rarely.Tip: Cold beer not so good.When you drink ice liquid significantly reduced the sensitivity of taste buds."Experts recommend tasting the drink, temperature is 10-14 ̊S" - said Professor of Moscow State University of Food production Dmitry Karpenko.This, of course, a good beer, the taste of which is not necessary to mask the cold.
7. Hot tea quenches thirst better than soft drinks (myth)
and fired tea, lemonade and iced equally well compensate for the lack of fluid in the body.As explained by head of the department of physiology of man and animals, Moscow State University Andrei Kamensky adopted in Central Asia in the heat of tea - a tradition associated with the peculiarities of life of local people.For example, in the Karakum Desert nomads simply was not possible to quickly cool boiled (to disinfect) water.Tip: Hot tea can be drunk in the heat in order to sweat harder, because due to the evaporation of sweat from the skin of a person easier to tolerate the high temperature of the air.However, we should not forget that, together with the sweat you lose moisture, and therefore, after a hot beverage to drink want faster than after a cold soda.
Articles Source: denis-balin.livejournal.com