socks or socks?This issue introduces a stupor, not only the people who use these words in a letter, but also of those who utter them aloud.In this regard, in the presented paper, we decided to give him satisfactory answers.
How to: socks or socks?According to the rules of the Russian language on the formation of the plural of any pair of objects, the word should sound and used the letter as follows: socks.For those who still doubt the information presented below are exhaustive arguments.
socks or socks?
Before we present to you the rules of the Russian language on the formation of the plural of any pair of objects, it should be noted that both of these words have the full right to exist.In order for you to see this, we give a few examples:
- Lost sock.Where is he?
- should take a pair of socks to change.
As you can see, both options are acceptable for the oral or written use.But this raises a new question on how to understand in what context it is to use the word "socks" and in which "the sock?"To do this, go back to the examples and analyze them:
1. "Lost Sock. Where is he?"The proposal we are talking about a subject that had disappeared.
2. «should take a pair of socks to change."This passage refers to several items, and doubles.
From the presented analysis we can safely conclude that, as the need to write: socks or sock.In other words, the option "socks" should only be used for the plural, and the "sock" - for a single.The only way your speech will be competent, and the letter in which the expression is used, it will be written correctly.
But what right do we rely when we talk about this spelling?We represent it to your attention now.
Laws of Education plural forms of nouns, standing in the genitive
pair of socks or a pair of socks?To answer this question, it is necessary to study the simple rules of the Russian language at the end of the Female nouns plural, standing in the genitive case.It should be noted that this rule is characterized by the following features:
- It is suitable for most of the masculine noun, which in its initial form and in the singular end in hard consonants.Here are some examples for illustration: mushroom - fly agaric, socks - socks, computer - computers and so forth.
- This rule applies not only to the usual subjects, but also to the names of various vegetables, fruits, vegetables and so on. The main thing that they were amasculine nouns that in the initial form of the singular end in hard consonants.For clarity, we give a few examples: orange - six oranges, eggplant - a kilo of eggplant, tomato - tomato salad, mandarin - New Year without mandarins.
Almost any rule in the Russian language is not without exceptions.Described above as well.To properly deliver his speech or write any article, they are encouraged to remember and memorize.
So the rule of the Russian language on the formation of the plural pairs of objects (nouns) is allocated fairly extensive number of exceptions.These are the words (nouns), which in the form of the genitive plural and has a zero ending.Here are some examples: one Ossetian - six Ossetians, one stocking - no stockings, one gram - six grams or six grams, and so forth.
The fact that the word "socks" (pl. Number) in the genitive has the ending Female,we learned above.But what is subject to the rule of those expressions, which is zero?
zero ending in nouns plural
To understand why "of socks, but" stocking ", please refer to the following rule:
- zero ending in words plural, standing in the genitive case, there is in those cases wherewe are talking about a person's nationality, as well as his membership of military associations.However, this applies only to those expressions that are used collectively.In order to represent the rights become more clear, let us consider a few illustrative examples: Turkmen - Five Turkmen Magyars - some Madyar guerrillas - two guerrillas midshipmen - Five midshipman (also permitted five cadets), soldiers - an army of soldiers, people - five men andpr.
- also represented rule applies to all kinds of names and paired objects.For example: - Eye, boots - boots, shoes - shoes, stockings - stockings, cuffs - cuffs, epaulets - epaulettes, straps - shoulder straps (but socks - socks!).
- In addition, a zero ending taken place in different units of measure, and the names of measures.Here is an example: 1000 watts, 230 volts, 500 gigabytes, 5 amps.But if the same words are used not in "measuring" the context, then they should be sure to add the end of the s.For example, in such sentences: "To upload the program on the flash drive is not enough gigabytes", "good to live without excess kilograms."
Now you know that the correct declension of the word "socks" means that it has the genitive ending s that can not be said about the word "stocking".However, using a rule represented by the formation of many others.h. nouns, it is not recommended to forget about following features:
- For some nouns plural education and genitive rather difficult.For example, words such as noggin, prayers and dreams.
- words "drovets" and "cabbage soup" have no other form except the genitive plural and a null-terminated.
order to remember how to write the word "socks" and "stockings" in the plural and the genitive case, some teachers recommend to use following facetious rule: socks are short, so it is necessary to extend - socksstockings are long, so they need to be shortened - stocking.