important and integral tool of modern society - the money going through a huge number of hands.Babbitt, referring to them as a means of payment, does not think that inadvertently touching stories.In this article we look at the most interesting facts about money.
interesting about money: how it all began
The earliest coins of gold and silver alloy (called electron) appeared in Libya in the VII century BC.e.The first paper money was introduced in China due to lack of raw materials for the production of copper coins.An amazing fact about the money: paper money were originally used in the funeral ceremony of the deceased.They were burned at the stake near the grave, believing that in this way they enter into another world, where essentially make life easier for the departed to the other world.
everyday life in the mass of paper money appeared much later.The greed of rulers and the possibility of understanding the printing immense number of pieces of paper with a picture led to their depreciation;cost wrappers declined almost 70 times, forcing reintroduce copper coins into circulation.
China - a country romantics
amazing fact about money: in modern China paper notes are the perfect way to find your other half.For this purpose are finding girls and boys write them in your details and your requirements for the partner, and then let the money in circulation.Unfortunately, the most popular in the world of paper are the dirtiest bills, numbering in their hundreds of thousands around the surface of microbes.
There are some interesting facts about the money: in the old days for settlement operations used objects of the highest value in the time of his era: stones, shells, feathers, canine teeth, pig tails, dried fish, glass beads, cocoa beans, tile tea, tobacco, corn and rice, livestock.In the Ancient Rus in the trade with eastern countries marten pelts were used (which was the name of the coin kuna), China - pieces of silk, and in Asia - opium.
With the development of civilizations barter trade became more uncomfortable, then I began to exchange goods produced on copper coins.
Provenance coins round shape
What other interesting facts about the money?Modern coins are familiar to all circular.However, it was not always.The excavations in ancient Greece were found strange thin rods, similar in size and weight.They were depicted in the frescoes of the past period, and as the researchers found, it just was the ancient Greek coins.Tying these coins had certain values firmly placed in his hand, and had the name "Drachma", which has come down to the present time.
The usual round shape of the coins came from ancient Rome, where they were published in the temple of Juno.At first they were minted images of goddesses, which change over time in the image of the emperor - great and contributed to the development of their country.
images of rulers living place was not accepted, though Alexander did not consider it a bad sign, and ordered to mint your own image on the money.
Russia: own history of money
In Russia, as in other countries, before the advent of paper money in use was common coin.History of Russia retained many amazing facts about the money.Here's one: when the Lomonosov premium was paid 2,000 rubles, he needed to hire workers with carts for its transportation, because the weight of the total remuneration was approximately 1 ton.
The history of the origin of all the usual word "penny".In ancient times the face value of the coins minted in the lower ruble portrayed George with a spear in his hand.Such money at the behest of Ivan the Terrible were called spear, and then acquired all the familiar name.Kopeika is now considered the smallest of the coin, however, under Peter I, there was a smaller denomination coin.It is equal to 1/8 penny weighed 0.17 grams and was called polupolushkoy.The largest coin (copper ruble) weighing 1,636 kg was released in 1725 in the time of Catherine I. There is a surprising fact about the money, that in Sweden the heaviest coin weighed 19 kilograms and was issued in the 18th century.It had a rectangular shape, and placed in the corners of her royal seal impressions.
million dollars how much weight?
Almost everyone at least once imagined himself the owner of a million dollars.So, amazing facts about money suggest that if the future of wealth to put on the scales, the hundred-dollar bills in his weight is 10 kilograms, and in pennies - 246 tons.And if you gradually accumulate coin, and this, practically all children of our planet, we can pour the bells of the world, as it was done by Japanese children.One of them is set in New York.
The most amazing fact about the money - it is their uselessness.In 1923, in Germany in the period of hyperinflation money completely lost its value and worth so little that they have papered the walls instead of wallpaper or gave the children to play.
10 interesting facts about money
- for the production of paper money used linen and cotton in the ratio of 1: 3, resulting strength of the product, capable of withstanding 400 double folds.
- About 1/3 of the world's population lives on less than $ 2 a day, over a billion people spend less than 1 dollar a day.
- In Canada, the first banknotes were playing cards.And in Russia in the early 19th century, they were released into circulation and were in circulation before 1826 the money made from the skin of seals.
- World in circulation, according to rough estimates, is about 845 billion dollars.
- first woman depicted on the money, and the only one of its kind is the Martha Washington, whose portrait adorns the silver coin 1 dollar.
- Facts about the money say that the life of a denomination of 100 dollars on average 7 years and 4 months.
- plastic credit card was invented in 1949 by Frank McNamara during dinner at the restaurant.The idea is not to have some cash in large volumes, and replace them with the card, came to a head when Frank did not have enough cash to pay for dinner.
- most unusual name was Venetian coins dating from the 16th century - "Gazeta".Habitual prints have become so named on the order later.The cost of the first printed news paper equivalent to one newspaper.
- The largest denomination banknotes was in denominations of $ 100 000.They released it in 1934 for use in large banking operations.By the way, the $ sign invented in 1788 by Oliver Pollock.In the US, the most popular are the 1- and 20-dollar bills in the rest of the world prefer $ 100.The world's most common franc used in 34 countries.There
- following surprising fact about money: out-of-treatment and obsolete denomination in Russia serve as raw material for the manufacture of roofing material, and in Germany are also produce fertilizer.
These interesting facts about money give cause for reflection about the unusual and multifaceted history familiar to all means of calculation.