After graduation, students have to take yesterday's very first adult decision of his life - where to continue their education?Applicants selected higher education institutions, first and foremost, of course, based on their subjective interests and abilities.But, however, it is equally important that this choice was realistic and practical perspective.
today in our country is quite wide range of universities.In 2010, Russia formally employed in 1416 educational institutions, of them 687 were federal state, 665 - private and 64 - regional and municipal.Mainly, the bulk of education focused, of course, in Moscow, the Moscow region and St. Petersburg.
Unfortunately, the number of schools where you can get a really good education, actually not so large.Education Minister Andrei Fursenko has repeatedly expressed the opinion that in our country give real knowledge on the strength of one hundred and fifty universities.
Of course, the possibility of training in a particular institution depends on the results of the exam applicant and, of course, the financial viability of his parents.Their chances of admission to the desired university, the applicant can "estimate", having studied the information and pass rate of tuition fees for the chosen specialty.Make wise and the final choice makes sense, given the wide range of objective facts and figures.
Should I trust the ratings?An indicator of the attractiveness and prestige of the institution in the international practice, as a rule, are specific rankings, they allow an applicant to navigate the sea of different possibilities, based on the specific facts of the institution and not the views of its members and advertising.In our country, applicants, choosing university, rarely use ratings.This is largely due to the fact that the currently existing rankings are on completely different criteria.In addition, in Russia there is virtually no one universal rating of educational institutions, only a few companies regularly publish their own research.
One of the most important indicators is considered to be the ranking of universities, where the main (or one of the main) criterion is the information about the subsequent employment of graduates and, of course, the level of wages.However, in the Russian realities of such ratings do is very difficult.About 50% of Russians with a higher education diploma, do not work in their specialty, which is received in an educational institution.So to link income and education in this case is simply incorrect.
Of course, in general, the results of several independent ratings may be one of the benchmarks in evaluating and selecting a university, but certainly, it is very important to pay attention to other criteria.
What can tell a passing grade?The most common stereotype - the best schools have the highest passing scores.In reality, communicating balls are calculated by each higher education institution individually, depending on the number of certificates submitted by applicants competing for the low places.That is the highest pass rate is a good indicator of the prestige of the institution, in other words, it suggests that free education at this university and this specialty very much willing to pretend.
Yes, education in such institutions guarantee an applicant for certification of the prestigious university.But it is not the fact that it has a necessary modern equipment, good work teachers, created favorable conditions for training, well organized time outside the classroom, and most importantly, the student will receive a lot of theoretical and practical knowledge to ensure successful employment afterwards.So, obviously it refers to higher education institutions with a low passing grade in disbelief, not worth it.Education in many of them entrant promises many benefits, and most importantly, gives you the opportunity to do even for those who, for whatever reason, can not boast of good results of the exam.
public or private?Fairly widespread view that by choosing an educational institution is to give preference to state universities.However, even if the applicant or his parents hold very conservative views, it is not necessary to be sure that the level of the faculty and the quality of education are high only in the public schools, it's like that nowadays assume that unlimited calling cell phone plans are very expensiveless favorable than the standard rates.Yes, once it was really so, but today everything is different.
In the past decade the Russian High School has undergone significant changes.The results of the ratings, which were based on anonymous surveys of students suggest that private educational institutions in many positions are significantly ahead of the state.
private universities today have the best technical equipment of classroom fund and, therefore, have the opportunity to teach students using the most advanced technologies and methods.In addition, experienced teachers of public schools in recent years often go to private, which is mainly due to a completely different level of wages.
Another significant advantage of the private educational institution is that, as a rule, these universities are not large, teachers and students are well aware of each other's face, and thus easier not only to control, but also to create a climate of confidence which helpstraining.Also, private universities can more flexibly adjust to the constantly changing demands of the labor market, as well tuition fees motivate students more responsible and serious about their studies with his hand, and also require high-grade and high-quality education from the school.
guide to action.Applicants often overestimate or underestimate their abilities and talents, and sometimes simply can not articulate their personal aspirations and goals.In this situation, the parents of future students should help him make the right choice.Let's look at an example of what arguments can result in favor of an educational institution and what facts should rely when choosing a university.
- wages in case of employment in the specialty.Of course, nowadays the main argument.Let it several mercantile, but honestly.In any case, the best applicants initially go for the specialty, which later provide him with a favorable employment than to learn to be low-paying profession and after high school to go to work the seller;
- the level of scholarship in the learning process.Good scholarship - it's a great motivator thoroughly preparing for exams and pass all the important work on time;
- the possibility of obtaining special grants and scholarships to reward the most distinguished students;
- the possibility of reducing pay, for example, if they pass two consecutive sessions "perfectly well", the student has the right to transfer to the budget.Perhaps the great motivation to study hard;
- free or preferential order various services (obtaining additional knowledge, specialty, medical care, recreation, etc.)
- the future of high professional and social status;
- public recognition;
- the prestige of the institution;
- recognition of the teaching staff.
prospects of international intellectual relations:
- training opportunities, as well as practical training in foreign educational, business and scientific centers;
- communicating with foreign teachers and students (the organization of seminars and courses for Russian students with the assistance of foreign experts);
- international recognition of a diploma or an educational institution at the same time the possibility of obtaining two diplomas - of domestic and foreign models;
- related employment opportunities.
organization of the educational process and its software:
- individual attention to students.In this regard, as we have already mentioned above, it is better to consider entering into a private university, a group of them, tend to be small (10-20), which means that each student can be given special attention and not be afraid that in a responsible lecturessomeone will file nails, while others read the news of mobile communication;
- a high level of knowledge.The mistake many students enroll in a well-known prestigious university, so to speak, "on the wrong profession," that is, for example, the region has a good educational institution technical direction and degree of this institution is highly valued by employers in the region.However, this does not mean that it is necessary only because of the prestige to go to the same university on economic faculty.After all, it is clear that the educational institution will likely not be able to provide the same high level of knowledge of economics as technical.
- the possibility of individual choice of the studied courses, programs, and participation in their formation.
- level personnel, library, educational, technical, software, communications software, and the availability and improve the unique teaching methods;
- the opportunity to develop their personalities.Yes, education is important, but self-realization, for example, in the work or sport is no less important.Having a hobby, a student can develop their talents, to find like-minded people and make new friends.Of course, all this will make it to communicate, and thus more confident and successful in life.
When choosing an educational institution in which the prospective student will receive an education, it is important to carefully consider and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each interested applicant university.And we must remember that even with limited capabilities is always possible to find just the school and that the profession where knowledge is a recent graduate of the school will appreciate.