Muscovites lucky.When the soul asks for something light and kind, of each and every resident of the neighborhood can go to a small church or the majestic cathedral, the service or to defend one-on-one talk with God, zateplilas candles at the icons for the health of the living and in memory of the dead.
notorious "middle of nowhere»
In the Russian language there are many words and expressions used are not in the literal and figurative sense.Well understood they are only for those who have the language native, who is familiar with the history of his native country "from Romulus to the present day."This includes the famous Makarov calves, and cancer, whistling on the hill, and the "middle of nowhere", which are not known - at the very hell.And somehow all this is the Church of All Saints in Kulishki.Try to understand!
«Kulizhkami" once (this is noted in his dictionary Dahl) called remote from human settlements forest clearings, swamps with small islands.Then, in about 13-14 centuries, the word has become synonymous with "end of the earth", the distant boundaries of any locality.Moscow at that time already existed, but was still a small town, entirely composed of wooden buildings.At the behest of Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy in honor of soldiers who died in 1380 during the Battle of Kulikov, it was built the first church of All Saints in Kulishki (then a small church not far from the city - now it is the historic center of the capital).
history in detail
wooden church, as usual, has not been preserved: burned in a fire in Moscow, which in those days were not uncommon.The second life of the church was given much later, in the first half of the 17th century.Since that time, and was rebuilt the same church of All Saints in Kulishki, which still exists today.In the 19th century it was restored for the first time, it had a second update on the post-perestroika period has 20th century.
Since the beginning of the establishment of the Bolshevik regime closed the parish, and the premises, including basements were used as classrooms and investigating torture.Immediately the executions.Then, as the architecture of the temple represented a great historical value, the church was given to the Historical Museum.
During another restoration under the fresh foundation discovered the remains of buildings of the 14th century.At the moment, the Church of All Saints in Kulishki - Orthodox, refers to the Moscow diocese Pokrovsky deanery stands on the area of the Slavic, near Chinatown.
The holy places
«Kulichki" as the experts will tell you the history and life in Moscow - a place quite unusual.First of all, the number of "places of worship" - churches, cathedrals, parishes.For example, in passing, we can not go to the church of the Nativity of the Virgin in Kulishki.It is also called "the Church of the Nativity on the spit."It's Orthodox Theological Institution, referring to the Pokrovsky deanery diocese capital.Who wishes to visit the temple on Kulishki in Moscow should go to the Taganka district (Central Administrative District).The main feature of church services are held here in Church Slavonic and Ossetian dialect.One of the limits is dedicated to John the Theologian, the second - Demetrios.
Faces of Our Lady
Shrine of Our Lady on Kulishki, like many places the true faith has a unique destiny.The first mention of it is found in the documents of the 16th century.It was then, in 1547, there was a wooden church of the Nativity of the Virgin.It is situated on the fork of two important ways then: in the river Yauza, then the road to the future Kolomna and further to the Ryazan principality.The second path led to the settlement Vorontsov.Therefore, it is saying that the Church is "the arrow".
building it in ancient times served as a gathering place in the Rus Kulikov battle.Consequently, many historians have attributed this to the Church of All Saints Church, thus subsequently to Kulishki temple, which was written above.In the 17th century there was built brick building.Fire of Moscow in 1812 inflicted irreparable damage to the temple, completed the ruin of the Soviet regime.And only in 1996, the year of the request and the blessing of Patriarch Alexy, the temple was transferred to the religious use of the Moscow Ossetian community.Now he is on the Alanian Compound.
Temple of Three Saints
And finally, another holy place - the Temple of the Three Saints in Kulishki.This is the Orthodox Church, it is in one of the oldest districts of Moscow - Basmanny in Khitrovskaya alley.The main altar of the monastery dedicated to the lower universal teacher, chapels are sacred Frolov Lavra and the upper temple erected in honor of the Blessed Trinity.Now it Solyansky district of Moscow together with the adjacent lanes, up to the boulevard and the river Yauza.
temple was built in the 15th century on the orders of Prince Vasily 1. He belonged to the prince's summer palace with magnificent orchards and the surrounding stables.A small church stood in the stable yard, as Frol and Lavr has long been revered as the patron of horses and domestic fowl.Then it was joined by Metropolitan Home Temple, built in the name of the Ecumenical Three Saints - St. John Chrysostom, Gregory the Theologian, Basil the Great.
Then from the 17th to the 19th century, the building was rebuilt, equipped with modern amenities, restored at the expense of the parishioners and voluntary donators, patrons.In Soviet times, the temple was laid waste, were destroyed unique icons and other religious objects.Restoration of the church began in the late 90's, and now is conducted.If you are the temple of the Orthodox courses of Regents (the heads of church choirs), and Orthodox Sunday school, icon-painting workshop.