Today, the term "offshore" with each passing day becomes more popular, its widespread use, of course, is of interest.When experts from the sphere of economics and law are familiar with them very closely, for the ordinary citizen the meaning of this word is not always clear.
So, by definition, represents some offshore financial center, which has consistently attracted capital from abroad by providing special incentives and tax benefits to companies of various kinds.Offshore areas of the world are scattered geographically: Gibraltar, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Seychelles, and even Russia.However, in our country this economic arena has a slightly different name - namely, the "zone of privileged taxation."
offshore area.The concept
offshore zone - a country or a part thereof, which under certain conditions it is possible to not extinguish the taxes.Also, do not need to take the quarterly accounts.The offshore area is generally characterized by a number of privileges, including the following: various tax regimes, financial development, economic stability, etc.Experienced entrepreneurs always pays special attention to its selection, considering all the above factors.To register, each company should choose the most favorable conditions for cooperation.
- classic offshore zone (zero taxation).In this case, the company agrees to pay an annual fee to the State some, but it does not charge the tax and does not require financial statements.For this type include the following areas: the Cayman Islands, Nevis, Belize, Seychelles, Panama.
- State, territorial taxation.In this case, it is liable to income tax, which was obtained in the course of transactions with sources located in this jurisdiction.Through such system, it is possible to export commodities, on the one hand, and inflows - other.List of countries: Costa Rica, Malaysia, Brazil, Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria.
- Countries, which provides tax exemptions for some activities.For example, when a profit from real estate in the offshore zone is (Denmark, Lithuania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Switzerland, Slovakia).
- Territory where there is no need to pay taxes to the state group, certain legal and even quasi-legal entities (Cyprus).
- low level of taxation.In this case, the state sets a fairly low tax rates in order to develop the country economically and attract foreign investment (Cyprus, Estonia, Switzerland, Montenegro, Ireland, Portugal).
Currently offshore list is constantly updated, now their number is just over 50. In fact, experience shows that such areas are very popular, including among Russian businessmen here and explained the feasibility of their occurrence.