To facilitate the movement of goods across the border of the Customs Union (CU) has developed an entire system of classification of goods.This system became known VTs RDE vehicle.
HS Code - what is it?
system, or as it is called, a classifier of goods used successfully authorities of the Customs Union.The system, in turn, is constantly reviewed and updated each of the countries participating in the Customs Union.In the Russian Federation to develop and complement the discussion qualifier bodies of the Federal Customs Service.Today you will learn how to decipher the codes of the HS , and get detailed information on the subject under discussion.
each product, according to the Commodity nomenclature of foreign economic activity of the Customs Union, have been assigned codes.They consist of the numbers and knowing how to read, it is possible only by relying on one code, to characterize the goods.For the correctness of code watching the delegates of the Customs Union.The most common are the ten-digit codes, but some types of goods are assigned a 13-digit.Their point of the declarants during certain stages of customs procedures.Customs HS codes largely facilitate customs clearance, thus facilitating the process of counting and fees for export (import) goods.
classifier itself has 21 sections, which is divided into 99 groups.There are three groups of products that are at the present time is not used.These include products of groups 77, 98 and 99.
the reasons behind the classification?
When creating HS codes used by a number of criteria.The main ones are:
1. The material that served as raw material for the manufacture of goods.
2. The functions performed by the exported (imported) goods.
3. The degree of processing of the goods.In other words, how items is made.
4. Weight in kilograms, which is the main unit used to measure goods, according to the classification discussed in the article.
What is the HS code of the Customs Union?
To you never raise questions about the customs value of the digit classifier further illustrative examples are given, which allow you to sort out this issue.
Let us examine the code TN VED TS the example of sugar beet.As noted above, the commodity code usually consists of ten digits.The code is read from left to right and is divided into four main groups.
- Assume the first two digits 17. They point out that the imported goods refers to goods which in its composition contain sugar, or the fact that imported goods are sugar.The first two digits are called general commodity group.If the group number is below 10, it is written with a zero (eg - 07).
- If we consider the first four digits (eg 1701), it is possible to determine that ahead of us is sugar, but from what he made, without further digits will be impossible to understand.The first four digits are called the heading.
- first six digits, in turn, point to the commodity subheading.For example, the code 170 112 can be regarded as beet sugar.
- The last four digits are clarifying moments over imported goods.Full product code is the name of the subheadings.In it there are points that specify the smallest details that relate to the product.For example, data about the changes, the size of the customs duties and other information.
Summarizing this article unit, it can be noted that the code TN VED TS consists of four parts:
1) The first two digits are referred to as commodity group.
2) The first four digits are called headings.
3) Trading subheading - the first six digits.
4) Trading subheading - all commodity code.
inverse image classifier
code TN VED has not always been in vogue in the Customs Union.Once its functions are performed by the Harmonized System, which has been successfully applied in customs procedures between the parties of the European Union.She served as a prototype HS TC.But in the course of constant improvements discussed in the article classification system has received a number of changes and now it is very different from the Harmonized System.
It should also be noted that, according to the new regulations, the products which are classified by the standards of the HS can not get permission to import through the territory of the Russian Federation and other countries participating in the Customs Union.According to the law, the authorized customs authority can not ignore the product code, which appointed the manufacturer or supplier.In other words, HS codes are required when it comes to the import of goods across the border of the Customs Union.
Who is responsible for the classification of the product?
main authorized person, which is engaged in the classification of products is the declarant.In some cases, it classifies the products at the HS representative of the declarant.In this case, mandatory control of the correct classification of the authorized customs authority.When checking the correctness of the code, the customs authority may:
1) confirm that the code is compiled correctly, and skip the goods to another Customs procedure;
2) reassign the customs code;
3) require the declarant to override code, which is rare.
In the case where the competent authorities of the customs control there is no doubt that the HS codes compiled true, this code will be used to determine the amount of customs duty.