Growing potatoes in the country - is not easy, but useful.Not just throw the potatoes in the furrows, it is important to gather a good harvest from it.But get him succeed only if with the responsibility to take to work.
Technologies potato production are very diverse.Some of them are easier, others require some skill.Today we'll talk about how to grow potatoes under straw and in a barrel.Certainly, many of these methods is heard for the first time, because every year the cultivation of potatoes in the country takes place by the classical method - planting the tubers in the soil in the beds.Well, it's time for your site to introduce new technologies.
Growing potatoes under straw
grow potatoes in this way were able to our ancestors 200 years ago.However, over time, most of it was forgotten.Perhaps because of our individual citizens, we can again use this method.
So, how to grow potatoes under straw.Select the country of land for planting.It is not necessary to dig, as well as make nutritious fertilizer.After that, at a distance of 30 cm Lay potato tubers, and the top cover of 30-40 cm layer of straw.This whole landing is completed.But all the care it will boil down to the fact that occasionally have to lay a new layer of straw and watered water.By the way, if you do not have fresh straw, then you may replace it with dry grass.Also note that the more increased spud potatoes do not need.
And the last thing you have to do is to gather in the autumn harvest.Although, if you are so planted early potatoes, the harvest will gather much earlier.
Growing potatoes in a barrel
This is another original way to grow potatoes in the country.So many gardeners lack of space for planting of vegetable crops.That's just the same with the help of drums and you can solve this problem.
- To begin please be packaging.Not necessarily that it was the drums, fit and large plastic container for garbage or other large container that you have in the country.Deal with all packaging mild bleach solution to thereby warn plant diseases.
- Growing potatoes in the country so that means good drainage, so be sure to make the bottom of the container are small (about 2 cm) hole.Optionally, you can even cut off the bottom of all, if your plans are to put the container on the ground plot.
- Then at the bottom of the container, pour the mixture drain depth of 12-18 cm. For example, it may be a mixture of compost, moss and nut shells.This mixture will help retain moisture to the root system of plants.
- Place the tubers in the soil.Make sure that the location is not very close to each other.After that, pour the potato layer of soil (12-14 cm) and pour abundantly.It is important that the soil was wet all the time, and pour the plant is not worth it.
- When the plants grow, you must make the first podsypku soil with compost.The land should be spiked with the further growth of the potato until until it fills the entire container.
That's all there is left to wait until when the potatoes grow and bud, and after a few weeks to start harvesting.But experienced gardeners say that the cultivation of potatoes in the country in this way allows you to build a good harvest.And this despite the fact that caring for the year was minimal and did simple.
Here in this way you can organize the cultivation of potatoes in the country.Now it becomes clear that it is much easier than to prepare the beds, spud bush and ensure that the potato does not grow in the future and has been attacked Colorado potato beetle.