repetition is called a variety of figures of speech, which are based on the repeated use of some units of language (eg, words, syntax, morphine or sounds) within the same sentence or the meaning of the text segment.They are applied in order to make the statement more expressive.
Depending on the criteria underlying the division, there are several types of repeats.For example, it can be taken into account the type of units which occur repeatedly.Then emit a sound, morpheme, syntactic and lexical repetition.
Another criterion is the location of those units that meet several times.Depending on this, there are repetitions:
- distant (when other elements of the text are the same between the words, morphemes, and so on. N.);
- contact (when units that are repeated one after the other).
important and how faithfully reproduced the original word, sound or design.Depending on this, there are repetitions of partial and full.
their classification also affects the syntactic position in a particular segment of speech (verse, paragraph, sentence, line) identical units that occur many times.Thus in the case of orderly repeats it to all the same.If the position is not disordered syntax combines these units.
The literary text is most often used is the lexical repetition.This deliberate use of repeated units of speech to make the text of expressivity or focusing the reader, the listener, at some particular moment.The closer their positions to each other, the more likely that the target of their notice.
The term "lexical repetition" has made it clear that in this case, the same units that appear many times in a row - this is the word.Use it only when the speaker wants only the use of a whole note the same token.When the concern of building repeat its organization, use terms that give a more precise characterization.This, for example, joint, epiphora, ring anaphora and many others.
And in a literary text and colloquial lexical repetition plays a huge role and performs several functions.
- Transfer monotony of actions, their monotony.
- Giving statement clarity, so that the presentation is no longer a vague, unclear.
- lexical repetition contributes to the fact that the statement takes on greater emotional force, it grows and becomes more intense story.
- Underlining, highlighting in his speech that a group of words that has a special meaning.
- prolonged and repeated actions also help to express the lexical repetition.Examples of its use for that purpose is easy to find in the folklore.
- Easing the transition from one topic to another statement.
- repetition of identical units does offer more rhythmic, thus bringing it closer to the poem.
- binding syntax in the text.This is due to a special rhythm, form the repetition of phrases or words.
- slowdown story.This method is typical for the oral folk poetry.He did not just slow it, but also helps to give the song-tale character.
lexical repetition in the works of the classics - a tool that helps to make an expressive statement, link the phrase (in the chain) to sharpen the sense way to draw attention to the subtext.But in the book of the schoolboy, he often accepted teacher of speech errors.But is such a decision motivated?Using the lexical repetition in speech can not be justified in only two cases:
- when it is not used for communication phrases in the text;
- when he does not perform the function emphatic.
Only on this basis can be taken to use lexical repetition of the mistake, which shows that the student vocabulary is very limited and it is unable to find a suitable replacement word.