all living things, whether animal or human, to feel fear inherent in certain situations.The first thing to do when we are afraid - to scream, run away, etc.What is the nature of fear, and what its types can be distinguished?All this you will learn by reading this material.
What is fear?
It is an emotion that occurs in situations where there is a threat to social and biological existence of the individual, and aimed at the source of both the real and imaginary dangers.
Functionally, the fear is a warning of the occurrence of a dangerous situation.This feeling allows a person to focus on its source, the epicenter, and encourages the search for ways to avoid.In that case, when fear reaches the stage of passion (fear, panic), it imposes on us such behavioral patterns as numbness or, conversely, escape, scream, protective aggression.
causes of fear
When we are afraid our hypothalamus starts to separate special neurosecretion, stimulates the pituitary gland to ensure that the allocated adrenocorticotropic hormone - and it is called the syndrome of fear.
What is fear: the symptoms of fear
This sense of influence on our psyche and the physical body, which can manifest as shortness of breath, increased heart rate, trembling limbs, a sharp rise in blood sugar, dry mouth, etc.. This emotion has a strong impact on all organs of the body and can lead to a hypertensive crisis, ulcers, heart attack, stroke.Some individuals experienced fear the consequences are: frequent urination, urinary incontinence, diarrhea, or vice versa, and constipation.
What is the fear of core
Accepted provide types such as real and neurotic (phobias and complexes).This is a first for individuals with something clear and rational - this is the standard response to an external threat.The real fear is an expression of self-preservation instinct, inherent in us by nature.We are afraid of a man with a gun in his hand, fear of fire, etc.Fear gives us a signal - the danger is close, ready to escape or defense.
neurotic fears can be both pointless and, on the contrary, related to specific objects, situations.We say that people who are afraid of something or someone specific (height, dogs, rats, confined spaces, fly a plane, swim), suffer from some phobias, of which today there are many.From this view of the real fear is not so much different manifestation of how much intensity.
pointlessness (free) fears - our systems with you that can accompany us from childhood or appear in due to various life circumstances.Below we consider in more detail what they fear most modern individuals.
What is fear: the most common examples
1. Fear of commitment is manifested when a person opens someone and at the same time very afraid of being misunderstood.For example, some people who have already been behind some experience of unrequited love can be a long time to be closed to new relationships, for fear of being betrayed, deceived, rejected.
2. Fear of death in one degree or another is inherent in each of us.However, for some, this feeling sometimes turns into a real phobia.
3. Fear of loneliness stems from the social needs of the individual is to be respected, loved and appreciated.A person simply need to communicate to feel a full-fledged personality.Of course, sometimes we want to be alone with him, and loneliness come in handy here.But when it starts to be protracted and transformed into the insulation which may result in sociopathy and other mental problems.
4. Fear of change.Everything in our life flows, everything changes.And we are afraid of the uncertainty that involves the future.Very often, the danger of the future path of the person as a danger, as entails at least temporarily, but the loss of stability.
5. Fear of commitment.We are afraid of losing their freedom, independence and often perceive a hostile reception, it is necessary to depend on some people around, things the situation.
above listed only a few fears, which are to some extent inherent in the people.It should be understood that a negative value of this feeling is much wider than the positive.Remember that many of the fears cause us to stay in constant nervous tension, causing uncertainty in the forces and not allowing us to realize.