priceless heritage kept historical museum in Moscow. to explore all the exposure will not be enough of a lifetime.But some of them, we strongly recommend you to become better acquainted.We offer a brief tour of the most famous and noteworthy museums of the capital.
State Historical Museum in Moscow
majority of Russians well imagine a three-story red brick building with a white roof, located on Red Square.
largest Russian State Historical Museum was founded in February 1872 by the decree of Alexander II.In 1974, city council has allocated for the construction of a plot of land on the Red Square, where it was founded in April of the same year, with the participation of the emperor.The building in the pseudo-Russian style with elements of the towers were designed by the architect and engineer Shevrudom Semenov.They blend in with the existing ensemble of the Moscow Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral.Rooms Historical Museum in Moscow decorations for famous artists as Vasnetsov, Korovin, Aivazovsky, Repin.Construction continued until 1881, and in May 1883 the museum met the first tourists.
museum exhibition, consisting of almost 5 million articles and 14 million documents, reflects all the stages of Russia's development - from ancient times to the early twentieth century.The first collection of the museum exhibits the Crimean War began.In Soviet times, some decorative elements have been destroyed, and painting whitened.At the end of the 80s of last century began a large-scale restoration of the purpose of the return of the historic appearance, which has been restored by the end of 2003.In 2006, work was completed on the permanent exhibition, which is arranged in chronological order and currently occupies 39 rooms on two floors.For each era retracted his room, and the first of them - the exhibits related to the primitive communal system.
many interesting and unique stores Historical Museum in Moscow.Exhibits gathered almost half a century.Here are some of them:
Genuine mammoth tusks have been found on the banks of the Yenisei River from Irkutsk merchant Gromov at the end of the XIX century and donated them to the museum.
Hollowed stone ax from a variety of oak bark length 7.5 meters.It was found on the banks of the Don near Voronezh locals in 1954.
copy burial parked Sungir under Vladimir dating back more than 25 thousand. Years.
Taman sarcophagus of the IV century BC.Was found in the beginning of the last century on the territory where once was the ancient Greek kingdom of Bosporus state, occupied the Kerch and Taman Peninsula.
Funerary masks tashtyktsev allowing imagine what was the appearance of the people who lived in southern Siberia in the II century BC.e.- V century BC.e.
Made of horns round drinking vessels - rhytons.
«Lay" - the first edition, dated 1800 year.
mummified remains of Russian 25-year-old woman times of the Egyptian pyramids.
- first birch-bark scroll XIV century, found near Novgorod in 1951.This is a report on the collection of dues, compiled manager Boyar patrimony.
Moscow Kremlin Museums
In the heart of our capital, in the Kremlin, is a unique museum.They are united by a common name - the Moscow Kremlin Museums.A total of six: Armoury, Church of the Deposition of the Robe, the Museum of Applied Art and Life of XVII century, the Assumption, Archangel and Annunciation Cathedral.
Historical museum in Moscow include the world-famous treasure-house, named after the ancient Kremlin treasury.The museum occupies a building designed by architect K. Ton in 1891.Armoury collection consists of jewels of the royal treasury and the Patriarch's vestry performed Kremlin masters, and donated to the embassies of other countries.
It contains royal ceremonial clothes coronation dress, state regalia, clothing hierarchs of the Russian Church, products gunsmiths, a collection of articles made of gold and silver, made by Russian masters of art of silver from Europe, carriages, horse ceremonial harness.All the exhibits of the Armory are the highest artistic, historical and cultural value.The museum displays about four thousand items of arts and crafts of the Russian state, the countries of East and Europe, from the IV century to the beginning of the XX.
Museums in Moscow today are equipped with the latest technology: Visitors have the opportunity to use electronic guide to the Armory.
Over the centuries, it is the main temple in Russia.Here emperors were crowned, the coronation set by the Head of the Russian Orthodox Church and the burial of patriarchs and metropolitans.
audience could see the majestic iconostasis appears taller than 16 meters.There is also the country's largest collection of the most valuable and revered icons, the ensemble of monumental painting supplications of Ivan VI, historical necropolis.
Historical museum in Moscow are in many of the old cathedral.Annunciation - one of the oldest monuments of the Moscow Kremlin, built in the tradition of Moscow and Pskov architecture in the XV century as the home church of the great Russian princes and kings.Throughout its history it has undergone many changes.Ancient shestiyarusny iconostasis, consisting of nearly a hundred of icons, and the ensemble of monumental paintings of great value.According to the researchers, some icons painted by the Feasts tier of the great Andrei Rublev and the icon of the Deesis tier painted by Theophanes the Greek.
Cathedral, extant, was built 500 years ago, but its history began presumably in 1247-1248 years.It was the first burial place of the great Russian princes.Two cancers and there are 47 tombstones in the necropolis.The walls and pillars of the cathedral's decorated with portraits of rulers in Moscow.
Church Deposition of the Robe
house church patriarchs and metropolitans was built in the XV century in the tradition of early-Moscow architecture with elements of Pskov architecture.The small church is located between the Palace of Facets and the Dormition Cathedral.The iconostasis of the church written Nazari Istomin is artistic value.The painting on the walls of the medieval canons made in the middle of the XVII century.The temple hosts exhibitions of Russian wooden sculpture.These monuments, which today remains a bit, have been collected in various churches of Russia.
Museum of Applied Art and Life of XVII century
located in the Patriarch's Palace, the former palace of Russian Patriarchs, which was built for the Nikon.This young museum was founded in 1962 and based exhibition includes exhibits of the Armory.The museum, which is housed in the same era, which tells recreated historic interiors.In the first room there are personal things of Patriarch Nikon and other heads of the church.Historical and artistic value are surplices, staves, hoods.
The museum displays antique furniture, caskets, chests, clocks, checkers, chess silver.Most of the exhibits is a valuable utensils: cups, gold and silver dishes, cups, pepper, salt cellars.
widely represented male and female jewelry: buckles, buttons, cuff links, earrings, rings.Among the exhibits - hats, home and church clothes from expensive fabrics.
Here are exhibited manuscripts adorned with miniatures, colorful screensavers, endings.Among them is the unique copy made for the Tsarevich Alexei, - ABC Karion Istomin.
Take place and the king's amusements.This is the subject of hunting: traps, spears knurled gold, rifle with ornaments made of ivory and mother of pearl, fine powder flasks, bows and arrows of cypress, birch, cedar,
Training and Educational Center, does not have their kind inthe world, is part of the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of the same name and is considered one of the world's largest natural history museums.
It was founded in Moscow in 1937.In 1954 it was closed because of the inability to accommodate all the exhibits too little space: all the rooms occupied about 700 square meters.m allocated in the arena of Count Orlov on the Big Kaluga, now Leninsky Prospekt.It required a separate building.Its construction began only in 1972 in a beautiful location on the south-west of the capital.Almost twenty years spent on the creation of a unique museum complex.In 1987, a new Dinosaur Museum first opened its doors to visitors.
main theme of the exhibition - the evolution of the organic world of the planet.The area is about 5000 square meters.m. The six halls are about 5,000 exhibits.Each room is dedicated to a specific stage in the development of the organic world of the Earth.
Introductory hall.The tour starts on a story about paleontology, its sections and development.The main exhibit hall - the skeleton of a mammoth found in Siberia in 1842.Here are the ceramic panels that reflect the evolution of the life of the seas.On the second floor of the hall are exhibited portraits of scientists from different times, studied the development of the organic world.Among them are such well-known personalities, like Darwin and Lomonosov.Author portraits made of hammered copper - artist A. Chernov.
The second hall is dedicated to the Precambrian and Early Paleozoic.Here you can learn about the first living organisms inhabiting the Earth: plants and invertebrates.In addition, the room is decorated with artistic and monumental works depicting the representatives of the flora and fauna of the time: stone carving, ceramic panels, ceramic sculptures.
The third hall visitors become familiar with the geological past of the Moscow Region and surrounding areas, which over millions of years under water.There are shown the remains of organisms that inhabited the area at different times: algae, invertebrates and fish.
fourth hall exhibits belong to the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic.Special attention is deserved Northern Dvina gallery with a group of skeletons and a huge reptiles dinotsefalov who gathered professor Amalitsky.On the walls of the room you can see artistic depictions of plants and animals in the art of woodcarving and ceramic reliefs painted.Decorate the room made of hammered copper phylogenetic tree of vertebrates and the chandelier hanging in the center of the image of ancient vertebrates.
fifth hall will introduce guests to the organic world of the second half of the Mesozoic and variety of dinosaurs that time.Here is the collection of birds and dinosaurs of Jurassic and Cretaceous periods.One of the largest exhibits - Diplodocus, with a cast of the skeleton which was gifted in 1910 by Nicholas II American E. Carnegie to mark the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty.
sixth room is dedicated to the Cenozoic era, the history of mammals.It exhibits flora and fauna.Of particular interest is the skeleton of a giant rhinoceros-paraceratherium, mastodon-gomphotherium, bolsherogogo deer, cave bears.
Central Armed Forces Museum in Moscow
Its history began in 1919, when it was established a permanent exhibition "Life Red Army and Navy."
history of our country the sun is reflected in the 15 000 exhibits are displayed in 24 halls covering an area of 5,000 square meters.m. The materials are placed in chronological order: the history of the Russian army until 1917, during the Civil War, the Red Army guard of the Soviet Union during World War II, post-war years of the Soviet Armed Forces.Presented papers, awards, photographs, weapons and military equipment, a collection of banners, personal belongings generals, officers and soldiers.
Other historical museum in Moscow
List historical museums can continue.Among them are the Museum of Contemporary History, founded in 1917 and dedicated to Russian history since the middle of the XIX century to the mid-twentieth century.
museum defense of Moscow began its existence in 1981 with the exhibition, which was timed to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of the Battle of Moscow.
Another Military Historical Museum in Moscow - The Central Museum of the Great Patriotic War.The memorial complex was opened on Poklonnaya Hill in 1995 for the 50th anniversary of the Victory.
Moscow historical museum can not be imagined without the Museum of Moscow, which was founded in 1896 by the City Council.Then it was called the Museum of the Moscow city economy, and the first place of its location were Krestovsky water towers.Moscow City Museum brings together several departments: archeology, estate culture, the history of Lefortovo, the English courtyard.
Archaeology Museum in Moscow has opened as a branch of the Museum of Moscow's 850th anniversary of the capital in 1997.For him, the pavilion was built underground at a depth of 7 meters on the site of archaeological works during the reconstruction Manege Square in the 90s of the last century.
English farmstead also applies to the Museum of History of Moscow and is one of the oldest buildings of the capital.Among the exhibits: "Moscow medieval eyes of foreigners", "History of the Anglo-Russian relations XV-XII centuries", "History of the Chambers of the English court."The museum permanent exhibition "Visit Elizabeth II in 1994 Chambers Old English Court in Moscow."