etiquette - a word of French origin meaning demeanor, courtesy, good manners, politeness, which must be observed in society, at work, in school, university, at the table and even on the street.
are unwritten etiquette rules that are binding, that is a demeanor adopted by the "default" and observe people as a standard, not subject to discussion.Educated people should not only be aware of and adhere to the rules of etiquette, but also to understand their significance for life and society.After all, good manners are a reflection of man's inner world, an indication of his intellectual level, and morals.In civilized man more opportunities for development, establishing contacts, creating a good relationship with others and, therefore, to achieve their goals.
Politeness always and everywhere is highly appreciated.In large metropolitan areas and large cities civility turns into a rare and valuable gift, not available to everyone.The rudeness and bad manners are the norm, and it's no surprise.Therefore, it is important to nurture the seeds of etiquette in the heart of a child from an early age, along with the first word and deed.Very often, parents do not know how to raise a child, adopt experience of their friends or the older generation.This is not entirely correct.
Each person is different, including your child.He does not understand the authoritarian and demanding attitude.Adults need patience and endurance to instill his daze polite and.In no case do not make and do not press on the child.Ask, be polite, and the child happily fulfill all your requests.Repeat in conversation with him as often as possible the magic words - "thank you" and "please".But the rules of courtesy for children is not limited to these words.Gradually accustom to greet him, to say goodbye, to apologize.Push it to the reading, followed by a discussion of the characters of the book.Explains how to deal with people and how you can not.And most importantly - always and everywhere be polite themselves.After all, the child copies the behavior of their parents, and seeing before our eyes the example of etiquette, he will try to follow it.
etiquette at school
receiving basic concepts of good and evil, the child moves to the next level - the school where throughout the educational process taught him the basic rules of etiquette.
As a second home, the school has set itself the same good intentions as parents.However, the rules of courtesy in the school should not only consist of didactic lectures and enlightening conversations.
for deep and detailed development of canons of etiquette teacher should conduct classes on the lessons of the culture of behavior and politeness as:
- seminars and training sessions, which are held talks on a "reply-question," discusses the various situations are played of conductmodeled situation;
- games in which participants are divided into several groups and beat the life situations of the rules of etiquette.
These original methods are generally effective and efficient, they help to identify the level of politeness of each student, teach children mutual understanding and standards of conduct in a particular situation.Students easily and seamlessly assimilate the rules of courtesy, examples set by senior mentors, besides becoming more open and sociable.
hello to correctly
Correct and skillful greeting - one of the immutable rules of etiquette.Greets people must be welcoming, friendly, open smile.Terms of politeness when meeting people are as follows: try to look them straight in the eyes and words of welcome to say loud and clear, the tone of the treatment must be always gentle and helpful.Greeting is usually accompanied by the words: "Hello" (appeal to the closest friends and acquaintances), "Hello" (universal appeal), "Good morning (afternoon, evening)" (depending on time of day).
You should not
The rules of etiquette has its "veto", ie, prohibited acts that may put you rude man.
- should not apply to a person with shouting "Hello!", "Hey, you!»
- Seeing the familiar, do not desperate to break through to him from across the room, bringing inconvenience the rest of the audience.
- When meeting friends in the theater, the restaurant should be a little nod to them in greeting, not scream all around.
- met a friend on the street, do not hold it for long, it is better to arrange the next meeting or phone call.
- Do not slam the unfamiliar person on the shoulder, shaking him.
Who's Who welcomes
Who should greet first?Basic politeness rules in this case are as follows.The first greeting:
- man with a woman;
- subordinate to the boss:
- youngest (by age, rank, position) with the senior;
- entered the room;
- worth going to.
In any case, the first to greet the people polite and educated.
Handling the formula
etiquette rules of politeness and forms of treatment affected people to each other.There are three forms of treatment:
- official - is used in a business setting, during the negotiations, is a kind of code referring to strangers.It is mainly used "you" with the addition of name and patronymic, or status.
- informal - an appeal to relatives, friends and acquaintances.Cordial and friendly "you" indicates a relationship between people.
- impersonal - used in transport, in the street, accompanied by a phrase: "Do not tell me how to get to ...", "Stop there somewhere ...".
clear rules on how to proceed with the "you" to "you" does not exist, it is set by the interlocutors, or is present in the form of ill-mannered treatment of people who are accustomed to speak indiscriminately "you."
The rules of table etiquette
table etiquette rules have been in existence for many years and centuries.They are the same for everyone, whether it is the builder or the president.
first and immutable rule - you can not set and put his elbows on the table.It is forbidden to slurp and talk with your mouth full, especially on a romantic date.Sitting should be straight, not leaning on a table or a chair sitting next guest.It is considered impolite to drum his fingers on the table, desperate gesture, a pop-up napkin, devices, taking food from someone else's plate, talk loudly.
rules of politeness and etiquette that should be observed at the table, also prohibit blowing on hot food, bend over the table, talking on the phone, sing, whistle, paint and powder.The man has the attention of the woman sitting on his right: it entertains conversations, puts it in a bowl snacks, pours drinks.
General Regulations courtesy
Besides the generally accepted norms of etiquette concerning greeting, handling, rules of the culture at the table, there are general rules of courtesy, respect that says about you as a person educated, who take care of their manners and behavior.
- Do not fuss, do all calm and measured.
- Try to talk quietly, clearly, clearly, without mumbling obscenities and abuse.
- Not recommended publicly itch, pick your nose, and lipstick.
- Control your emotions, be cold-blooded, couching words graceful forms and expressions.
- Do not laugh too loud, and after passing by the people.
- not yawn with his mouth wide open.
- keep promises.
- apologize, greet, eat "thank you" and "please".
- Watch for their appearance.
- Do not discuss people in their absence.
- Refer to strangers in a polite and courteous manner.
smile - the main rule of etiquette
smile - a powerful weapon of any person that can change everything and everyone.It's like a ray of sun light in cloudy weather, a drop of water in the desert, a piece of heat in cold weather.Her Majesty "Civility", rules of conduct and etiquette - all these standards are reduced to one, the most simple advice - smile.Smile - it's not just a courtesy, it is the lever of happiness, a recipe for success and good mood.
One smile can soften the heart, to attract attention, to defuse the situation.Many enterprises smile is duty, and not by chance: it contributes to an excellent working process.Smile, and you will gain a reputation as educated and cultured man!
rules of courtesy can vary on a national basis, but boil down to one: excellent manners, excellent education will always be "in fashion", and no one will be able to refuse or cancel them.