Gorceac What is this fungus, and can it have?

This fungus is often found in the middle latitudes of our country, it is called gall fungus, but the people walking around and its other name - bitterling.What it looks like this mushroom probably experienced mushroom pickers know, but fans should be careful, because bitterling often confused with white mushroom, boletus and Borovik.There are many disputed versions about the fact whether this dangerous fungus.But the question of whether the bile is edible mushroom, can be an unequivocal answer: no, because it has a terrible bitterness and even a small piece of his way to spoil the taste of the dish.Probably because of this, its properties and named bitterling.

Gall fungus (gorchak): description

This fungus can occur in any area of ​​our country in the period from June to October.Gall fungus can grow as a group and individually, most often found around coniferous forests, where many rare trees and fallen needles.There is a view of the mushroom bitterling, it is a double white fungus.And this is indeed the case, because he looks very like him: strong and thick fleshy stem, top it fiber, dark brown or brown.Its cap from the inside looks like a sponge, top coated porous dense layer.Spongy part has a pinkish hue and a very bitter taste.Outside cap mushroom is covered with a thin film, it is tight and the growth of the fungus can change its color from pale to dark brown.

How to distinguish edible mushroom from bitterling?

What is this mushroom and what it looks like, we have understood, now we try to find out the distinctive features of bitterling.How not to confuse it with the white fungus and boletus?Perhaps the most important difference is the color of the gall fungus his cap from the inside.It is spongy and has a pink hue.If a mushroom cut, the leg quickly darken and acquire a brown color.Another important feature, available from the gall fungus, is that no insects never cause him harm.For starters, mushroom pickers and fans it makes it very attractive mushrooms Gorchakov.Photos presented here confirm this.Gall fungus is really beautiful, but it should not be taking.After all, as has been said, even a small piece of bitterling able to spoil the dish.

Can poison Gorchakov?

Opinion scientists at odds over the mushroom bitterling.What is inedible, but not poisonous mushroom - Russian biologists believe.In their view, the use of gall fungus in food can not be just because of its bitter taste.Foreign scholars believe that the flesh of this mushroom contain toxic substances which have a devastating effect on liver cells.If it does this fungus got into the human body, it can cause dizziness and weakness.A few weeks may occur and other signs of poisoning - bile.It is believed that after ingestion gall fungus may even develop cirrhosis.If you caught this fungus, think about whether or not to take it and risk their health.Despite the fact that it is beautiful and looks just like a white fungus, insects and even animals are not in a hurry to eat Gorchakov, and probably for good reason.