PTT stands for activated partial thromboplastin time.This refers to the study of the blood coagulation system and reflects the internal and common coagulation pathway, t. E. It is the time required for the formation of a blood clot.This test is part of a study called coagulation, which is more fully exploring the coagulation system.
blood test APTT:
rate in this study is defined by the time required for clot formation.In the study of blood aPTT rate of a healthy person is between 25 and 40 seconds.If I have other indicators of coagulation (prothrombin INR, fibrinogen, and so on. N.), The parameter APTT sharply reacts to it.The rate of APTT in the blood of pregnant women is 17-20 seconds.
Why pregnant women appointed to study aPTT?
During pregnancy a woman's body is a series of physiological changes.This also applies to blood clotting.The blood of a pregnant woman often becomes more dense.The reason to appoint a study of coagulation are changes in the general analysis of blood, which is upon the registration of pregnancy, a woman passes regularly.
If the blood count showed an increase in formed elements, it can mean blood clots, and there is reason to appoint a coagulation, which includes the analysis of the APTT.The rate of this indicator for pregnant women is somewhat different and is 17-20 since.This is due to the gradual increase of fibrinogen during pregnancy, at delivery that reaches 6 g / l, whereas in healthy people normally it ranges from 2.0 to 4.0 g / l.
in pregnant women, some processes are not active, this applies to hemostasis.This is normal, but abnormalities still happen.In order to avoid possible negative consequences for the child and the mother, appoint coagulation.
What research are included in the coagulation?
study coagulation can be basic and advanced.The baseline study included the following parameters:
- Prothrombin (PTI - prothrombin index).
- INR (international normalized ratio, t. E. The standard definition of blood clotting).
If necessary, can be assigned additional parameters:
- Protein C - with its lack is likely thrombosis.
- Antithrombin - protivosvertyvaniya relates to a system, and its lack can also lead to thrombosis.
- D-dimer - is released in the destruction of a blood clot.His high number indicates the formation of blood clots in the bloodstream.
- Lupus anticoagulant.
- ATS (activated during calcification).
- plasma recalcification time.
- tolerance plasma heparin.
- SFMC (soluble fibrin monomer complexes).
What do the indicators koaugologrammy?
APTT index pregnancy (norm 17-20 sec.), Fibrinogen, and other parameters, especially in the last stages, are of great importance for the prevention of complications.Thus, the increase in IPT (prothrombin) greater than 150% may indicate a placental abruption.This is very dangerous for the life of the expectant mother and her child.
D-dimer is normally to be no more than 248 ng / ml.It is in healthy people.During pregnancy, it increases performance.By the end of pregnancy may be greater than the initial values of 3-4.This is normal.Increased D-dimer is more than 4 times the original value may indicate a serious disease - preeclampsia and occurs in pregnant women with diabetes or severe kidney disease.
One of the many causes of miscarriage and abortion is a different term APS (antiphospholipid syndrome), which is characterized by the formation of arterial and venous thrombosis.For the production of such antibodies to determine the diagnosis of the outer shell membranes (phospholipids), as well as indicators of fibrinogen, D-dimer, prothrombin, APTT.When pregnancy rate is different from their normal values of healthy people.
Why during pregnancy activated system homeostasis?
main causes of this activation are as follows:
- During pregnancy, hormonal changes the body.
- an additional circulation - uteroplacental.
- woman's body prepares for the inevitable blood loss during labor and delivery.
Thick blood - what to do?
If during pregnancy studies show that the blood is thick, just do not panic.Most likely, the doctor will prescribe corrective diet.First of all, should be excluded from the diet of salt and all salty foods (sausages, meats, pickles and so on. D).From fatty foods are also best avoided.Instead, eat more vegetables, fruits and berries of red and orange.They more than others rich in vitamin C, which is able to thin the blood.
useful to include in the diet the following products:
- berries (raspberries, black and red currants, mulberries, plums, strawberries, cranberries, sea buckthorn, viburnum), but be careful with the use of raspberry and cranberry - these berries in large quantities for pregnant womencan not eat;
- citrus (tangerines, oranges, lime, lemon, grapefruit);
- onion and garlic;
- birch sap;
- chocolate and cocoa;
- vegetable oils (canola, olive, flax);
- spices instead of salt (turmeric, curry, oregano, paprika, fennel, cayenne pepper, ginger, thyme, cinnamon).
products can thicken the blood, it should be avoided.These include bananas, potatoes, buckwheat, all carbonated drinks and alcohol.
need to drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.However, water must be potable and without gas.
One of the most dangerous complications in obstetric practice is considered DIC (desseminirovannoe intravascular coagulation).Initially, this is accompanied by hypercoagulability (increased clotting), which is then followed by anticoagulation (decrease clotting ability), which leads to massive blood loss and life threatening.DIC often becomes unmanageable for, and then it can lead to the death of the woman and her baby.
To avoid this situation, is assigned to study coagulation with obligatory determination of fibrinogen, PTI, aPTT, whose norm during pregnancy - with 17-20.Normally, such an examination, if no history of complications of previous pregnancies, appointed in each trimester.Such studies make unplanned in cases where:
- At least one of the previous pregnancies ended in miscarriage.
- There are symptoms of preeclampsia - presence of protein in urine, swelling of the extremities, hypertension.
- pose the risk of miscarriage, such as hypertonicity of the uterus.
How to take a blood test for coagulation?
blood to pass such a study from a vein in the treatment room in the morning on an empty stomach.Pregnant women do in the antenatal clinic.For reliable performance necessary to observe a few simple conditions:
- last meal should be at least 10-12 hours before delivery of the analysis.
- Do not take any drugs before taking blood.If the patient is taking drugs that affect coagulation system, it must be specified in the direction.
- not recommended to drink before taking the blood of coffee, tea, sodas and even more alcohol.Only allowed to drink a glass of clean drinking water.
- emotional state can also affect the outcome, so it's best to sit a few minutes to study and relax.
- Muscular overvoltage can distort the results of the analysis, so just before the eve of delivery of blood and it is not recommended to visit the gym and do heavy physical labor.
For the record rate of APTT in women and men from 25 to 40.By gender, he is no different, but during pregnancy it is somewhat reduced.Interpretation of the results of research carried out only by specialists.
pregnant women in antenatal clinics usually do the research for free, subject to availability stamped referral from a doctor.All other citizens, if desired, can pass such a study fee.Extended coagulogram costs about 3,500 rubles.The basic parameters of the less expensive - from 700 to 1300 rubles.
What does the ACTV below normal?
The survey coagulation system one of the main parameters is the indicator of APTT.Norma it is 25 to 40 seconds.Recall, this parameter indicates the time it takes to complete the blood coagulation and the formation of a blood clot.If it is below 25 seconds, that fact may indicate a thickening of the blood and the risk of thrombosis.Pregnant for the APTT index rate is 17 to 20 seconds.Typically, the treatment is a condition in pregnancy, and does not require their own passes after birth.In addition, some blood can thicken iron supplements that are often prescribed to pregnant women at low numbers of hemoglobin.
What does the increase in aPTT?
index aPTT above normal may indicate the presence of a man of such diseases as hemophilia, severe liver disease, such as cirrhosis, or a shortage of vitamin C. In addition, the increase in this parameter is observed in the following cases:
- With a lack of blood clotting factors.
- In the case of treating a patient with anticoagulants, such as "heparin" or "warfarin".
- When blood hereditary diseases, such as von Willebrand disease.
- When DIC.
Such research clotting as coagulation, it is useful to not only to pregnant women, but also to all people.In the event of any deviation from the norm should see a doctor.