None of avid hunters and anglers do not need to explain that the inflatable rubber dinghy - a wonderful thing and convenient.However, despite its undeniable advantages, "gum" - a thing quite impractical.Any snag sticking out of the water, severe overheating in the sun - and your favorite "rubber girlfriend" is transformed from assistant and dobytchitsy into something shapeless and useless.That is why the topic of today's article is a rubber boat repair their own hands.Because, unfortunately, not everyone is a novice angler knows how to do it correctly and inexpensively.Sightseeing boats
Self Repair rubber inflatable boat begins with a thorough inspection to detect damage.First you need a good air pump all compartments and carefully inspect the watercraft, listening to the hiss of the probable air coming from the holes.
If the sound failed to detect damage should be step by step to cover the boat (all) thick lather: where there is a hole, the soap "bubbled".If the injury found to circle his marker or a ballpoint pen.
Repair rubber boats - it is simple, but very laborious.Even if you think you have found any damage, do not rush.Inspect the entire surface of the boat completely - there might be a teaser, abrasions, peeling seam tapes and other damage that may be about to bring down clumsily repaired boats.So if you decide to repair your own dinghy, seaming joints and the bottom, too, should not be left without your attention.Once you have made sure that all the possible damages found, you can "bleed" air and begin to repair.
What is needed for the work to repair
was easy and the boat served for a long time, you will need:
- piece of patching material, similar to the one from which made itself watercraft;
- grained "sandpaper" for cleaning surfaces;
- glue for repairing rubber dinghies - 4508, 4NBuv, 88NT, NE-1-5M, 4010 and others;
- clean brush glue;
- degreasing solvent (alcohol, acetone, benzene "Shoe");Note: You can not use gasoline - it contains oil;
- nylon thread;
- thick needle;
- pencil, marker or crayon;
- hair dryer building or home;
- roller for rolling or any other round object - a spoon, a knife handle, bottle and so on. D.
to seal punctures
As already mentioned, the repair of rubber boats begins with a thorough inspection and fault detection.If you find a small flaw in the form of a puncture, it is necessary to act as follows:
- measured using the diameter of the line damage and cut a patch of the appropriate size;note - the size of patches should be at least 2.5-3 cm more than the site of injury and to have rounded corners;
- putting a patch on the damaged area and draw out with the help of a marker;
- fine sandpaper gently but thoroughly we clean the place and marked the very patch;
- carefully remove all the resulting dust and debris and degrease the surface of the well;
- glue both sides.
There are two ways of gluing - hot and cold, let's look at each of them.
- gently with a brush to apply the adhesive to the patch, and the puncture site;a patch is best to enclose the sheet of paper or paperboard, whereas the edges will not curl into a roll;
- wait for 15-20 minutes until the glue dries out a bit, and we put a second layer;
- again stand a specified time, usually 10-20 minutes and warm up both surfaces to 50-60? C;
- now connects the heated surfaces to each other and strongly pressed them to each other;
- with a roller or any circular object rolled the entire surface of the patch to remove excess air;
- stifle place repair clamp presses or any smooth and heavy object and leave for final drying for at least 24 hours.
This method is almost indistinguishable from the hot, except for the fact that the surface does not heat up and glued together cold.This method is used only in cases where the produce heating is not possible.
As you can see, the repair of rubber boats - really a simple matter.However, if your helper rubber torn seriously, and forces her to "treatment" will have to make a little more.
In the case where a gust or a section of a rather large boat, after sanding it must be carefully sew.It should ensure that the edges of the incision does not contract too much.
If the impulse has ragged edges and sew it is not possible, the bonding should be carried out and from the outside and the inside.How to apply an external patch, we have already made clear, but on the inside will have to tinker.To work it was more convenient, it is necessary to do so:
- smear glue the patch does not completely, but only up to half - this is done in order to make it easier to introduce it into a hole;
- gently place the patch inside the gap, then it must be pressed and place adhesive laminate roll;
- some time with a brush coat with the second half of patches;to the edges do not interfere - they need to carefully lift and hold with a ruler or a knife;
- repeat the procedure bonding;
- is now pasted the patch upper familiar way.
No repair of rubber boats can not do without a thorough audit of oarlocks.The fact that this assembly is subjected to the greatest stress during operation and eventually begins to gradually come unstuck.
The process of bonding is exactly the same as in patches, but there are some subtleties:
- to easily tear rowlock, it must be heated with a hair dryer;
- stick new part it is necessary when the balloon deflated, otherwise the connection is a loose and long period.
To repair a rubber boat on a seam, you will need a special tape.Glue protective tape on the cylinder is also easy.It becomes hot for a better connection surfaces.Here, too, has its little tricks:
- tape to repair the rubber boat to be is cut at an angle of 45˚ and is made of rubberized fabric;
- replace tape is best when filled balloon - this will avoid deformation after drying, and the seams of the boat does not "lead".
Sometimes it happens that your "friend of rubber" requires a serious, in-depth "treatment."Repair bottom rubber boats can be attributed precisely to such works.We split this rather laborious process into several stages:
- First of all you need to fully inflate and mark marker place sticking tape and carefully remove it from the outside and the inside.
- By the same token mark up the location of the bottom and gently remove it.To take the process as efficiently as possible, you should start with the bow, and for ease of separation of parts of a hairdryer.
- now need to carefully clean and degrease the surface, marked with a marker, thus preparing them for bonding.
- Overturn filled cylinders "bottom side" up and begin to stick a new internal tape.Please note that you need to spread the glue only half of the area between the marker marks.As the boat turned over, you should start with the bottom mark and apply the adhesive strip to the middle.As already familiar technology glue is applied twice with an interval of 15-20 minutes.To begin you need to stick the tape on the nose of the boat, and do it only half its width.
- now begin to attach the bottom.Because you need to glue together a fairly large surface, the work can be divided into several stages.Please interconnected surface at the bow and stern of the boat, and after the move to the sides.Clay, as you recall, is applied twice, with a short break.Then there are another small caveat - when gluing the bottom you need to watch closely to the inner part of the belt, left free, too, stuck to the bottom.
- last step - gluing the protective tape from the outside.Here it must be ensured that the boundaries of the adhesive layer match the width of the tape.
small subtleties of
As you can see, the repair of rubber boats with their hands - not so and crippling activity, yet even here there are some nuances that are worth to remember:
- work should be done with good ventilation, but notshould do so on the street - there is a place to bond all the time will get the dust and dirt, the quality of the repair in this case is not very good;
- do not start repairs when humidity exceeds 60% and the temperature of 25? C;when the temperature dropped below 15? C - need to further heat the room;
- if repairs must be carried out in the field, move the boat in the shade, but better Pitch the tent something like "operating" - it will help to protect the damaged area from dirt and dust.